Saturday, October 13, 2012

Book Review: The Wolves of Mercy Falls: Linger

                                 The Wolves of Mercy Falls: Linger Review
In the second book of The Wolves of Mercy Falls series the story has to do with the characters transitioning into a new part of their lives. Throughout this book Grace keeps getting more sick and more sick but refuses to do anything about it since she's pretty sure that it has to do with the wolf inside of her trying to finally get free.  Grace also have to deal with her parents not approving of Sam even though he didn't really do anything to make her parents dislike him and Grace is understandably angry with them because it's the first time in a long time her parents actually parented her and the reason she sees them interested in this matter is because she believes that rather she spent her time alone.I personally found Grace's story in this book to be the least interesting even though it's basically the plot of the book. I thought the idea that the cure that was found in the last book isn't actually cure was very interesting and it sets up the final book quite well.

Throughout this book Sam is adjusting to now being able to actually have a future and a life as a human and not a wolf. I really liked this kind of story that Sam has with how he doesn't quite believe that he can stay in his own skin and how happy he is that he actually does get to be human all the time now. I liked that Sam thought about his parents a bit in this book as well because it's the thing that Sam's parents tried to do to him is the kind of thing that someone doesn't really get over and I especially like the time when he was thinking about what his parents were like before they tried to kill them and how he remembers them being protective. I also like how there was more of Sam's past in the book because I find his past very interesting because he was so very broken when he first met Beck and I like that Sam admits that he's still very damaged in this book but he's working on moving past his problems the best he can.

The new character Cole St.Clair the self destructive former rock star now new wolf who can't seem to stay a wolf is one of my favorite characters. Cole is a very interesting character with how he doesn't want to stay in his own skin and how he seemed to think of the whole being a wolf thing as a kind of drug because it gets him away from his thoughts. I liked that even though Cole has this attitude in which he doesn't care about anyone he truly dislikes himself because of all the peoples lives he has ruined in the past. I also like that he's actually very smart and he figures out that the whole becoming a wolf thing is something that protects a person from dieing from the wolf toxin right away. I also love the relationship that him and Isabel kind of have.

In this book we also get Isabel's point of view and while I liked her by the end of Shiver this book made me love her. I liked that this book showed that Isabel is feeling guilty about how the cure she came up with ended up killing her brother Jack and how she seems more connected with the whole wolf thing in this book. I also love how she has this kind of self destructive in nature relationship that is kind of developing with Cole because she knows he's a mess and as much as she's trying to hide it she knows she's a mess as well.

I overall loved this book and I liked having Cole and Isabel's point of view as well as Grace and Sam's point of view. My favorite point of views were Sam. Cole and Isabel's because I found their stories and characters to be the most interesting. I like all the new information about the wolf toxin and I hope that a cure can be found mostly because I don't want Sam to have to be a wolf again because being human is the thing that Sam loves the most and if he has to be a wolf again the series ends on a sad note for him. I'm excited to read the final book Forever but I don't think I'll be able to read that book for a while. Please tell me your thoughts on this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment