Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top 7 Bookish memories

1. Reading Harry Potter: I remember when I was little that my dad use to read the Harry Potter books to me and my brother and I always really love them. Later on after the books became longer I started reading the series by myself and I still love the books.
2. Reading A Series of Unfortunate Events: This is another book series that I had read to me when I was little and it's also one that I have yet to finish so far I'm only part way through the tenth book but I do plan to finish series one day.
3. Reading Fruits Basket: I love this series it's my absolute favorite series and I remember the days not to long ago when I started reading the series and I started to buy the books to volumes at a time and how I'd read both volumes within a day of buying them. I also have extremely fond memories of the second time I read the series and notice all the foreshadowing.
4. Reading, Reading in the Dark: I loved this book even though not too many people have read this book but this book just grabbed me and it's the reason I read this book pretty much once a year. Also I just really love the line about about the narrator's mother turning him on and turning him off, it makes sense in context but the context is filled with spoilers.
5. Reading the line "All she wanted was for things to nice and pretty the way they were in songs.": This line in Game of Thrones is the line that made me decide that Sansa will always be one of my favorite characters and it's the line that pretty much define her character for me and it's also a pretty tragic line considering what happens to her throughout the series.
6. Getting my first comment on this blog: My first comment on my blog was very exciting for me since I had to wait months to get it therefore it was extremely special for me it happened in August of 2011 and it was on a top 10 Tuesday list and it made me happy because it proved to me that someone actually reads my blog.
7. Reading The Glass Menagerie: The Glass Menagerie was a really important read for me because of how much I related to Laura Wingfield and since I almost never fully relate to characters I have a special love for her and the play in general.

2 comments:

  1. I remember my first comment on my blog too! It definitely meant a lot! Great list!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, blog comments are so much fun. For me each one is as exciting as the first. I am nerdy that way. Thanks for sharing your memories! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1pk

    ReplyDelete