Monday, March 25, 2013

TV Review: Vampire Diaries: Because the Night(4.17)

                                   Vampire Diaries: Because the Night(4.17)Review
  • I really enjoyed the first scene with Damon in 1977 New York because he was very much like his season 1 self which is my favorite version of Damon to watch.
  • I liked how Damon explained that death is a lot less noticeable in big cities such as New York since there are so many people who live there.
  • I like Elena's new hair especially the streak of red I think it's really pretty.
  • I find it interesting that the vampire Damon knew named Will provides fake ids to vampires and that he supplied Katherine with ids.
  • I liked how it was made clear that Bonnie knew she was working for Silas and thought that he may have been manipulating her at times as well.
  • I loved how Rebekah showed up in New York and revealed all of Damon's cure hunting plans that he was keeping from Elena.
  • I like how Elena is pretty much just manipulating Damon in this episode in order to find out what he's up and to make sure she gets the cure first because she doesn't want to take it.
  • I liked how Bonnie had doubts about killing witches even though she was pretty far gone due to Silas's manipulations.
  • I didn't really like the Lexi flashbacks because it just didn't feel like her and I'm pretty sure that in her first episode she appeared in she said something that implied that she never slept with Damon and never would so I'm pretty much ignoring them. Also I don't believe for a second that Damon killed Lexi out of guilt. The only part of these flashbacks I really liked were that Stefan sent Lexi because he was worried about Damon.
  • I like how Elena sees having no emotion as being able to see things more clearly and be able to plan more logical.
  • I found the way that witches were planning on cleansing the expression magic from her to look very painful and I thought it was sad that as soon as they heard she was involved with Silas that they planned to kill her.
  • I'm glad that if Caroline was going to kill a bunch of people it was in order to save Bonnie her best friends life because that's in character for her to sacrifice her morals in order save a friend. Although I find it a bit weird that Caroline and Bonnie didn't talk all episode despite what Caroline did for her this episode.
  • I like that Elena and Rebekah working together is because Elena doesn't want to take the cure and Rebekah wants the cure so they're going to work together to prevent everyone else from doing what they want with it. I also like that they both ditched Damon.
  • I'm sad that Bonnie forgot about all the things after Jeremy's death because I feel that takes away the importance of her plot from the last few episodes.
  • I think it's weird that Caroline was talking to Klaus about killing 12 people rather than Stefan or someone else that she actually likes.
  • I liked how the phone call between Damon and Stefan at the end of the episode was basically the two of them telling each other how they failed.
  • I liked seeing Silas kick Klaus's ass.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment