Monday, March 25, 2013

TV Review: Revenge: Victory(2.17)

                                                  Revenge: Victory(2.17) Review
  • I really enjoyed the flashback between Emily and Eli where Eli promised to look about for Emily and they made a promise to stick together.
  • I like how Daniel is confiding in Emily about everything that is going on and that he's totally honest and upfront even though that's probably not the smartest thing for him to do.
  • I really love how Ashley wasn't comforted at all by Conrad's dismissal about the polls and that she had good ideas about how to safe their campaign.
  • I loved how Eli after being appointed to co-chair for the Amanda Clarke foundation then decided to have Emily come and worked with them.
  • I liked how when Padma got a video of her father she went to Nolan, I just really love that the two of them are now confiding in each other so much better than they were before.
  • I found it interesting that Emily's father was actually writing her letters when she was in foster care and that the reason that Emily was never able to read them is because her foster mother hide them from her.
  • I found it sad how Emily thinking about how the letters would have made her life different that one of the first things she thought of was how if she hadn't met Amanda she wouldn't be dead now but I'm glad that Nolan did tell her that only might be true because even though Emily and Amanda had a messed up relationship Emily was able to give Amanda the thing she wanted most with their connection and I know that Amanda wouldn't have given up her relationship with Emily for the world.
  • I liked how upset Nolan is about the prospect of killing people even though he knows that those people are terrorists, I just like that Nolan is still very against killing anyone just like he was in season one.
  • I like how sad Nolan is about the possibility of not being able to ever see Padma again but he's willing to go through with the plan if it will keep Padma and her father safe.
  • I really enjoyed how Jack and Declan worked together in this episode in order to track down Kenny Ryan and to find out what ever information they can from him.
  • I love how when Nolan tells Padma about her having to go somewhere else and that they won't be able see each other anymore that she tells him that she doesn't want to leave him and she tells him that she loves him and he says he loves her too. I just really love these two as a couple so I loved hearing that they loved each other. I also found it both sad and overly hopeful that Nolan said that the two of them could be together after the initiative was expose, I just really don't think that's going to happen at least not anytime soon.
  • I really loved how Nolan promised that he'd make sure that Padma and her father were safe but I pretty much knew at this point that something was bound to go wrong with the exchange.
  • I liked how even though the cover story is that Eli believes that a charity should fund Mrs. Hayward's house because she takes care of children that the real deal she thinks she is making with Eli is in order for them to make money in a scam.
  • I really hate Mrs. Hayward and I think that her methods of punishing childern by locking them in this hole in a wall was really cruel.
  • I liked how when the time for Padma to make the exchange changes and Emily can't make it that Nolan is really worried about the plan working without Emily being there, I like this because I think that this just proves that Nolan would feel that things where safer if Emily was there because he trusts her more.
  • I liked how even though Aiden will be the one doing the shooting and the killing that since Nolan is part of the plan he is still holding himself accountable for any of the lives that Aiden takes.
  • I kind of like how Nolan's worrying about making sure that Aiden kill anyone before they knew that Padma's father was safe is somewhat the reason that the initiative where able to take Padma. I like this because this was Nolan trying to keep is promise to Padma but in the end it just kind of made things worse but I really don't think there was anyway that Aiden could have shot all three initiative guys so I don't think there was anyway Padma could have came out of that situation safely.
  • I really like that Kenny gave Jack the recordings that Nate kept of his meetings with Conrad and that it's enough to make it clear in his mind that Conrad pretty much ordered Amanda's death. I also really like that Jack and Declan seem to be working together in order to avenge Amanda's death and that they were both really grateful for Amanda did for them to get the bar back.
  • I liked how Eli turned the press conference with Mrs.Hayward into something that exposes how Mrs. Hayward use to abuse all her foster children and that he brought out a lot of people who survived living with her. I liked that in the end that Mrs. Hayward lost all of the children in her care, the funding and that there will be a criminal investigation.
  • I was a bit sad to learn that Eli was the one who set the fire to the house that brunt it down and not Emily but I like that Eli has been actually trying to make things up to Emily since he came to town.
  • I liked how Eli told Victoria after she confronted him about tricking her that she could turn this event around to save face which I'm sure that Victoria can.
  • I liked that when Nolan and Aiden arrive at the place where he tracked the program to that when Nolan got a text message from the initiative that something about loosing heads and there was a rather large box on the table that Nolan wouldn't go anywhere near it and that he didn't even want Aiden to open it probably because he feared it might be Padma's head luckily it wasn't but instead just the tracking device from the turtle zip drive.
  • I like how Nolan tells Aiden he's not very good at the whole taking down the initiative because there plan was so far behind the initiative's plan and that not only do the initiative now have an extremely dangerous computer program but now Padma is also held captive or possibly dead.
  • I like that when Nolan comes and tells Emily how things have failed with there plan to save Padma that Emily tells him to stop blaming himself, focus on tracking the text message that he got from the initiative and that she'll be there for him in the future.
  • I liked how Eli was able to get Mrs. Hayward to tell him what happen to the letters Emily's father sent to Emily.
  • I like how Nolan took Emily's advice and went to work tracking the message from the initiative and that he learned that the falcon is working for the initiative currently but I'm a sad about this because the falcon is the one hacker that is better than Nolan.
  • I find it a bit cruel that Victoria sent Daniel a picture of his and Emily's lunch date from earlier in the episode and bullets in order to keep him a bit safer because him talking about the initiatives plans could get him killed.
  • I was surprised to learn that Victoria had another son which she had given up to foster care when she was younger and I'm curious about what Emily is going to do with this information.
Please tell me your thoughts about the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment