Monday, March 25, 2013

TV Review: The Bates Motel: Nice Town You Picked, Norma..(1.02)

                     The Bates Motel: Nice Town You Picked, Norma..(1.02)Review
  • I liked that we met Dylan Norma's other son in this episode while it seems like he does cause a quite a bit of trouble I do think that he's right about a lot of things regarding Norma with her actions seem suspicious and her being a bad influence on Norman's life.
  • I was surprised and frightened by Bradley's father getting into a car accident while he had alreadly been burned.
  • I found it a bit odd that Norma completely denied ever meeting Keith Summers because the first time he came around it was very likely that he might have told someone about it so it doesn't seem like a good idea to lie about it.
  • I found Norma's questioning of Emma when she came over to be really weird and seemed to cross the line of polite conversation quite a few times but I liked how well Emma dealt with the whole thing and how she just politely answered all the questions and never once let on to being uncomfortable.
  • I like that when Emma found the notebook with the strange pictures that she didn't seem to judge Norman like most people probably would and that she mentioned that she read manga.
  • I find that Norma's being offended by the police coming to her house and not allowing them to come in is something that probably made her look suspicous to them.
  • I find it interesting that Norma's plan to get the police off her trail is to flirt with the deputy that seems to like her already.
  • I'm even more suspicous that Norma was someone how involved in her husband's death now that it's been said that she made a lot of money off of his insurance and that her husband wasn't actually all that nice around the house.
  • I think that Dylan is right about Norma being a bad influence on Norman but telling him these things while beating him up isn't excatly the best way to get through to him but on the other hand Dylan calling his mom a whore isn't excatly good either but Norman attempting to bash him in the head with a meat tenderizer isn't the right way to handle things either.
  • I find it interesting that it seems like most people in the town make their money by selling pot and that most people seem to know about it. I also find it interesting that Dylan may start working for some of those people.
  • I like how when Emma sees that Norman is beat up and she doesn't by his excuse about the stairs that she doesn't pry any further than that since she can see he doesn't want to talk about it.
  • I kind of like that Emma kissed Norman and I wonder if the reason Norman didn't kiss back is because he wasn't interested or because he didn't know what to do.
  • I was worried a bit for Emma and Norman when they were out looking to see if the story in the notebook was true and they stumbled on a pot field and had to flee from some guys with guns, I was especially worried for Emma since because of her lungs she can't really run but I'm glad that they were okay.
  • I find it creepy and troubling that Keith Summers body was found and that someone tied it up around the harbor and lit it on fire for all to see.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment