Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Top 9 book Settings

1. A Song of Ice and Fire series: The world in this series is brilliantly crafted and wonderfully detailed with not only vivid descriptions and maps but also histories of the houses and words, segils, and banner men listed for all of the houses as well.
2. Harry Potter series: The world of Harry Potter is magical while still seeming plausible. I especially love Hogwarts a school in a castle with moving staircases and talking pictures.
3. The Looking Glass Wars series: I love the setting here because it's a magic kingdom that makes sense of all that was told to be wonderland in the Alice in Wonderland books.
4. Anna and the French Kiss: This book is kind of a love letter to Paris with how it's described in such a way that makes everyone who reads this book want to go to Paris as soon as they can.
5. Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus:I love how the famous landmarks of America are mixed together with Greek mythology.
6. Uglies series: It's a vividly described futuristic world that seems entirely possible while reading about it's world.
7. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle: There's a lot of dimension hoping in this series so I find it really impress that all the worlds are different not just in looks but also in culture, time period and how present magic or technology is there. I also love how the clothing styles change as well in fact one of my favorite parts of them going to new worlds was to see what the clothes would look like in that world. One of my favorite parts of all the worlds was the Recort library which was extremely large.
8. Tokyo Babylon: I really love the setting of this story not because of how it looked exactly but how it effected the characters that lived in it and that it showed both the good and the bad parts about living in Tokyo.
9. Wolves of Mercy series: I just thought that the world was pretty well described because sometimes when reading this book I would feel cold even though it was the middle of summer.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh Uglies is a good choice! That was one of the first dystopians I ever read and I remember how fascinating I found the world. (:

    Great list! Thanks for stopping by my blog (:

    Around the World Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently wrapped up in the world of the Seven Kingdoms! I forced myself to pause after book 2, come up for air, and catch up on my TBR list. Storm of Swords, I'm looking at you! How did I forget Percy? Love that you included Uglies and Anna. Great list. Here are my picks http://wp.me/pzUn5-17L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! YES to the Tsubasa Reservoir chronicles! I loved all the different worlds the gang got to travel to!
    I also need to read Game of Thrones and the Uglies series...
    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see that your a fan of Tsubasa because it's one of my favorite series. Game of Thrones and Uglies series are great reads as well. Thank you for the comment.

      Delete
  4. Awesome picks. I've only read The George Martin books & Wolves of Calla Falls series from your list, and loved the World building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment but I've actually never read the Wolves of Calla series.

      Delete
  5. I really need to get my hands on A Song of Ice and Fire. I think I've lost trackof how many lists I've seen that series on, and my curiosity is increasing every time I run into it. (It sounds awesome!)

    Yay Harry Potter, The Looking Glass Wars, and Anna and the French Kiss.

    (I still need to read Percy Jackson too. ><;; )

    Ahh, so awesome to see a manga on this list! Though I prefer the world of Card Captor Sakura (even though it's vastly less complex), I love Tsubasa RC's worlds as well. CLAMP generally seems to be amazing at world-building (and character-building,f or that matter).

    Tokyo Babylon is on my to-read list!

    Fantastic list, and thank you for stopping by my TTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Song of Ice and Fire is a great series but I would suggest watching a few episodes of the show before you start the book because it helps to keep the characters straight since there are so many.

      Percy Jackson is a great series and a must read in my book in fact it's my favorite book series.

      I would rather live in Cardcaptor Sakura world(actually if I had to choose a fictional world to live in it would be CCS) but I felt that the worlds in Tsubasa were more impressive. I agree that Clamp is also great at character building because there's only one character in all of their series that I truly hate.

      Tokyo Babylon is a great series and is also by Clamp.

      I always love reading and commenting on your blog. Also thank you for the comment.

      Delete