Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Manga Review: Cardcaptor Sakura Vol.3

                                                  Cardcaptor Sakura Vol.3Review
The first of this volume deals with the Mirror card which has taken Sakura's form and is causing trouble all around town. I find this story to be particularly interesting because this one of the few times when the card seems like a character rather than just a mystical force. I liked that although the Mirror card start off rather malicious that it changed after Touya was injured but still wanted to help her even though he knew she wasn't his sister. I liked that Mirror card felt bad for what she did and that she let Sakura capture her. I also really enjoyed that this chapter showed that Touya would help out people who were ghost so that they could move on.

In the next story Sakura is invited over to Tomoyo's house in order to deal with a card that has been causing trouble by keeping a box with precious items of Tomoyo's and her mother's locked inside. Also in this story there's more of Tomoyo's mother, Sonomi, remembering Sakura's mother, Nadeshiko, fondly and there's a mention once again of how she disliked Sakura's father for taking her away. I really enjoyed the brief flashbacks we got in this chapter of when Nadeshiko was still alive and I must say that I enjoy Sakura's parents as couple a lot. At the end of the chapter Sakura captures the Shield card using the Sword card.

In the last story of this volume a new teacher arrives in town and she seems to have a lot of power which makes Syaoran distrustful of her but Sakura just thinks she's really pretty. The volume ends with the Maze card turning up but not much really happened in the last chapter.

I overall really liked this volume. I liked that Sakura was able to use the Clow cards for fortune telling as well as the cards normal use in this volume. I also continue to enjoy all the characters and the relationships they have with each other. Please tell me your thoughts about this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment