Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Top 8 tv shows based on some kind of book and 2 I didn't like

1. Game of Thrones: I love the Game of Thrones series which is based on the book series A Song of Ice and Fire and I think based on reading the first book that the tv series is a pretty good adaption of the series. I love this series for having great characters, intriguing plots and amazing visuals.
2. Vampire Diaries: I love the Vampire Diaries tv series but I've never read the books and from the plot synopsises I read on wikiapedia I don't want to ever read the books because it seems the books are completely different from the tv series. I love most of the characters especially Caroline and there are quite a few relationships I love whether they be friendships(Stefan/Caroline), sibling relationship(Damon/Stefan) or romantic(Damon/Katherine). I also love how fast the plot moves, I love that Mystic Falls is one of the craziest places to live with it's extremely high murder rate that never stops the town from throwing parties.
3. Merlin: I love the BBC Merlin series that is based extremely loosely on Arthurian legend, I just love this show. I love most of the characters and friendships, I also love seeing magic and sword fighting.
4. Cardcaptor Sakura: I just love Cardcaptor Sakura and while I love the manga more I still think that the anime is great. I think the animation is good and has held up pretty well over time. I also love that it keeps close to the plot of the manga and I like the voice acting and music of the Japanese version the English dub is awful.I love this series for always being able to make me happy.
5. Pretty Little Liars: I love this show although I haven't read the books, I enjoy the show for it's characters and the mysteries they encounter.
6. Secret Circle: I love both the tv series and the books even though they are very different. I wish that this show would be coming back for a second season because I would love to see more of the characters and their magic.
7. Dexter:  Dexter is a great show with an unusual main character but I haven't read the books on which the series is based.
8. Gossip Girl:  I don't watch this show on more but I used to love it and I find the tv series to be a lot better than the books.

The shows I didn't like:
1. The Lying Game: I read the book first and I didn't like the changes that were made because it just felt wrong to me especially the changes regarding Ethan's character.
2. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle: This show had an amazing soundtrack but other than that it was a huge disappointment. The animation wasn't good and neither was the writing it was just a bad adaption but at least the OVAs were good.

9 comments:

  1. I love Dexter, but I have not read any of the books. Someday...I am currently plugging my way through A Clash of Kings. These books are so big and time consuming, but totally worth the effort! Here is my freebie list http://wp.me/pzUn5-15d

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any of these shows but plan to watch Game of Thrones after I read the book. I have heard the show is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally think it's easier to watch the show before you read the books because it helps to keep the characters straight since there's so many of them. Thank you for the comment.

      Delete
  3. Love your list topic. I adore Dexter - but haven't read any of the books either. And I've read 2 books from the Song of Ive & Fire series, but haven't watched the tv shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vampire Diaries; haven't read them either LOL but I do love me some Ian / Damon :D
    my TTT: http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/07/top-ten-tuesday-endings.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Merlin when it first came out, but I've lost track of the plot because I've missed a lot of episodes. The humour's great.
    A Game of Thrones is awesome; have to wait for the DVDs to come out though as I only use free channels (no cable/Sky) and these days I forget to turn the TV on anyway. Recently, I've found a ton of wonderful books, and they're keeping me distracted :-)
    Thanks for stopping by mine.
    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some good ones here and I have to agree with The Lying Game. I do however love her Pretty Little Liars Series :)
    New Follower
    http://www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of my friends watch Game of Thrones, so it's high on my to-watch/to-read list. I can't wait to check it out.

    I love TVD, but I couldn't really get into the books. From what I hear, it's really different.

    Merlin's one of my favorite shows (but I need to catch up - I'm seasons behind!)

    The first season of Gossip Girl was amazing. I wonder what happened to that show... (I couldn't get into those books either, though.)

    And ahhh, I LOVE Card Captor Sakura. The anime is adorable, and yeah, the manga is better, but BOTH are freaking awesome. (Admittedly, I started with the dub because I didn't know any better, and it was just this cool show on the WB, but once I read the manga and watched the anime in Japanese, I fell harder, and I could appreciate all the things the dub destroyed. It's a classic!)

    I gave up on Tsubasa too. I LOVED the premise, but it ended up being too lengthy and confusing, and from what I hear, the anime just stopped and the manga didn't end well. A shame, because I loved the idea of doing a new series with Syaoran and Sakura (sort of). I hate that they couldn't carry it through, or do it well. :/


    Aimee // My list: Top Ten Ships That Broke My Heart (just a little)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Game of Thrones is a great series both the TV show and the books.There's actually a channel or two on youtube that has full episode of Merlin so that's a great way to catch up with the series for free.

      I loved Gossip Girl as well even though I only watched the first season but hear that it got bad some time in season 3 and that it's in its last season now.

      I couldn't get into the Vampire Diaries books either because their so different from the show.

      I didn't watch Cardcaptor Sakura until I was in 9th grade so I don't have any fond memories of the eng.dub but I agree that the anime and the manga are both wonderful. I love the Tsubasa manga even the end was a bit confusing it wasn't really bad it was just confusing and the first few chapters of the last volume were my favorite parts of the whole series.

      Thank you for this great comment.

      Delete