Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Manga Review: Magic Knight Rayearth V.1

                                           Magic Knight Rayearth V.1Review
Magic Knight Rayearth is a magical girl series created by Clamp meaning the art is beautiful as always. The series about how three 14 year old girls Hikaru, Umi and Fuu, are transported into the magical land of Cefiro and are then told that they were summoned by Princess Emeraude in order to become the ledgendary magic knights and save the kingdom. The girls accept this task after they learn they can't return home until they save Cefiro.

The girls are given magic by Clef but he only had enough time to teach Hikaru how to use before being attacked by Alcyone a sorceress that works for the evil Lord Zagato who has taken over Cefiro. The girls are instructed to go to Presea who will make them weapons after they gather the right materials for her while she lends them some of her other weapons for their journey to retrieve the materials as well as Mokona who will guide them.

I love all of the girls and I love that they are all different from each other but have developed a deep friendship very quickly with them calling each other sisters by the end of the volume. I love Hikaru for being being super eager to complete the task of being a magic knight and I like that she accepted it so quickly. I like her special bond with animals and how she can communicate with them. I love Umi for being pretty, good at fencing and I like that she isn't really accepting any of this because I feel like at least one character should take a while to accept this situation. I love Fuu for being really into RPG and think of their situation in terms RPG, I also like that she comes off as being both smart and a ditz, Fuu is my personal favorite.

I overall love the series I find the plot to be very interesting, I order all the characters that aren't evil including the side characters and the art is really beautiful. Please tell me your thoughts on the series in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment