Tuesday, June 20, 2017

TV Review: How to Get Away With Murder: Always Bet Black(3.03)

                      How to Get Away With Murder: Always Bet Black(3.03)Review
  • I like that Nate is worried about Frank doing something to Annalise and I like that he finds it concerning when Annalise tells him that she's got it handled.
  • I dislike how the president of the school keeps acting like she's on Annalise's side when she does nothing but backs the boards decisions and I like that Annalise dislikes her for this as well.
  • The case of the week that involves a man that his infamous for drugging call girls and having led to death of at least one girl which is caught on camera to be somewhat interesting since everyone already knows about the client and they want him to loose the case.
  • I like that Michaela volunteers to work on the case because she wants to work on a high profile case although she soon regrets it since the client is such a scumbag.
  • I liked that Annalise told the client that if he hit on Michaela should would crush his balls.
  • I liked that during the trial Michaela keep quoting what Annalise was saying because she was admiring the way that Annalise works.
  • I felt bad for Connor when after Annalise heard that him and Oliver broke up that she assumed he did something just like everyone else did in the last episode.
  • I like that Annalise won't let Michaela quit the case just because she's disgusted by her client because a big part of being a defense attorney is defending people like their client.
  • I liked that Annalise told Wes that Laurel went to visit her father because she asked her to do so.
  • I was surprised that Laurel's dad knew that she was looking for Frank before she even asked him for his help to find him.
  • I liked that Laurel got mad at her dad when he found out that he was listening to her calls and reading her emails.
  • I liked that Wes tried to look into Laurel's dad because he remembers her telling him that her dad is not a good person.
  • I find it funny that Connor refers to Aiden as both his and Michaela's ex but I'm a bit sad to see that Michaela is sad to see that Aiden is now engaged to another woman who seems more accomplished than her.
  • I liked that Laurel's dad had his conflict manager come in because he want him and Laurel to resolve the conflict that they have between them but it seem like that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
  • I was surprised to learn that Laurel was kidnapped when she was sixteen years old and that her father refused to pay her ransom which is something she understandably holds against him.
  • I think that the prosecution office being unwilling to give a plea deal to Annalise for any of her cases is something that will cause problems for Annalise in the future.
  • I was surprised to learn that Wes hates his birthday and now I want to know the reason behind this.
  • I felt bad for Laurel when it seemed like her dad was actually trying to make things right with her and give her the information that she wanted but instead was just trying to use her name for one of his most likely illegal businesses.
  • I liked that when the client told Annalise that he was being blackmailed by another lawyer and that Annalise told him only a hack would blackmail their own client.
  • I thought it was awful to learn that the client murder another young woman years ago because she called him names and I liked that Annalise pointe out to him that everyone gets called names and not everyone kills the people who do it.
  • I liked that Oliver tried to comfort Michaela about Aiden by telling her how happy him and the girl he's with now is lie because if they were truly happy they wouldn't post so many pictures of them acting happy.
  • I like that although Connor is of course still willing to spend time with Oliver he's not sure if they can actually be friends because Connor still very obviously wants to be more than that.
  • I liked that when Michaela reveals that she stole money from their client and that she's going to gamble with it that Connor, Asher and Oliver all became very nervous until she kept winning.
  • I like that Bonnie relates to the girl that their client win because she was a runaway which Bonnie easily could have been if her father hadn't been taken away and she can't stand the idea of girl's mother still holding out hope that her daughter will someday come home to her when they know she's dead.
  • I liked that Annalise brought up how no one knows what happened to Rebecca when Bonnie tells her she wants to go to the DA about the other girl their client killed.
  • I like that when Asher sees Oliver flirting with another guy that he goes to Connor because he thinks Connor should put a stop to it and Connor points out that their not together anymore and Oliver is very firm in his decision regardless of how much Connor dislikes it.
  • I liked that Wes texted Laurel to check if she was okay in the middle of the night.
  • I liked how when a guy that was flirting with Oliver earlier came over and flirted with Connor and told him that someone like Oliver wasn't his type that Connor told him off but I was sad that Oliver assumed that Connor was sabogating is attempts to move on.
  • I was worried when Michaela lost the client's money but I was glad that she was able to get the money back by pawning off her old engagement ring.
  • I understand why Laurel didn't want to let Frank's call possibly be traced after he told her that Annalise tried to kill him although I don't like that she did that.
  • I liked that Annalise was able to let it be known that there was a dead girl in the freezer and she used the fact that prosecution wouldn't make a plea deal with her as way to reveal the truth and get her client a good plea deal.
  • I liked that Annalise made her client take the plea deal when he didn't want to take one by scaring him.
  • I'm sad that Laurel isn't letting Annalise know about Frank's location even though she agreed to help her find him.
  • I liked that in flash forward that Bonnie got Oliver to where he had to be so that he could drop Annalise's now wiped phone.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment