Sunday, March 18, 2012

TV Review: Once Upon a Time: True North(1.09)

                                       Once Upon a Time: True North(1.09)Review
  • I liked the version of Hansel and Gretal's story we got in this episode with them getting separated from the father and using a compass to find their way back instead of breadcrumbs like in the traditional story. I also liked how it all connected with the Evil Queen's storyline.
  • I thought Emma Caulfield(who I know and love for playing Anya on Buffy the Vampire Slayer) did an excellent job playing the delightfully wicked Blind Witch.
  • I liked that Hansel and Gretal were able to escape the witch and I loved that they rejected the Evil Queen's offer because they'd rather be with their father.
  • I felt bad for Henry when he realized that Ava was only talking to him in order to distract him while Nicholas put the items they needed to shoplift into his bag because I get the feeling that Henry doesn't really have any friends.
  • I liked the characters of Ava and Nicholas and I'm glad that they were able to stay together in the end and live with their birth father.
  • I liked that Emma's ability to tell whenever someone tells lie she can tell they're was used in this episode again.
  • I liked that both Emma and Henry related to wanting to know more about their birth parents because of Ava's and Nicholas's situation.
  • I think it was probably for the best that Emma lied to Henry about his birth father but I'm pretty sure it's going to come back to haunt her if he ever shows up.
  • I liked the relationship between Emma and Mary Margret, I also liked that Emma told her about Henry's theory that Snow White is Emma's birth mother.
  • I'm very curious about the guy that arrived in town at the end of the episode.
Please tell me your thoughts on the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment