Friday, March 30, 2012

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss

                                              Anna and the French Kiss:Review
Anna and the French Kiss is about a girl named Anna who is forced to go to a boarding school in Paris for her last year of high school and the story is about how she adjust to life there and how she falls in love with St.Clair, charming American/French/British boy who goes to school with her.

I loved how the book was written it was written in a humorful style and most of the characters had depth and it wasn't just focused on romance all the time. The characters were good for the most part I loved that Anna loved films so much and St.Clair loved history and Josh loved drawing and Meredith loved soccer because it showed that they were all passionate about something and it made the characters seem more like real people. I also liked that there was British slang thrown in since I'm a big fan of British tv and their slang in general but I'm not sure it was always used correctly.

The relationship between Anna and St.Clair gave me mixed feelings in that I really liked the way they interacted with each other but I hated that they would interact that way since St.Clair had a girlfriend for most of the book. I hated that St.Clair was with Ellie because it made me not like him for flirting with Anna and it made me hate Anna at some points for wanting to steal St.Clair from Ellie. I especially hated the moment when Anna says she fantasies about beating Ellie up because she had no reason to do that since Ellie has been nothing but nice to her and St.Clair is her boyfriend so she has the right to kiss him and run her fingers through his hair. I don't get why they had St.Clair have a girlfriend for so long because it didn't feel needed since Ellie was barely in the book and Meredith already had a crush on St.Clair so there would have been enough internal conflict for Anna to deal with without St.Clair having a girlfriend.

I was overall disappointed by the book, I'm sorry I know almost everyone else loves this book but I just couldn't get over the St.Clair is already in a relationship thing. Please tell me your thoughts on the book and why my opinion may be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment