Sunday, March 18, 2012

TV Review: Once Upon a Time: Desperate Souls(1.08)

                                         Once Upon a Time: Desperate Souls(1.08)Review
  • In the fairytale world we see Rumpelstiltskin's start of darkness which is far superior to the Evil Queen's start of darkness which we saw in episode 2. I liked seeing that Rumpelstiltskin started out as a cowardly peasant who only wished to save his son from going to war on his 14th birthday. Knowing Rumpelstiltskin's backstory has made him a much more human character.
  • I liked that we saw how fast the magic turned Rumpelstilskin to the darkside and I liked how it seemed to also make him insane which explains his behavior in other epsiodes. I'm also worried about what ended up happening to his son.
  • I was sad that at the beginning of the episode when Henry said that him and Emma should give up on operation cobra after Graham's death because he knows that Regina was the one to kill him and he worries that good can never beat evil because good has to play by the rules.
  • I liked that Mr.Gold ended up helping Emma win the election for Sheriff by both setting her up as a hero and then having her reveal him as the villain who started the fire. I also liked how it's made clear that Mr. Gold and Regina aren't on the same side.
  • I liked that Emma spent the epsiode trying to proof to Henry that good can beat evil and I'm glad that she was able to restore Henry's faith in operation cobra by the end of the episode.
  • I liked that Emma became Sheriff at the end of the episode.
  • I liked the repeated use of the line "I know how to recongise a desperate soul." I also liked the paralle between Emma's and Rumpelstiskin's storyline through out the episode.
Please tell me your thoughts on the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment