Saturday, February 4, 2012

Top 10 Books that would be good for a Book Club

I never actually been in a book club so I'm not exactly sure how they work.

1.White Oleander: I love this book I think it's a good coming of age novel due to all the messed up aspects of Astrid's up bringing and I've always wanted to talk to someone about this brilliant book but I don't know anyone who read it. I think it would be a good book club book because in the back of the copy I read there were question to ask at book clubs.
2. Reading in the Dark: I've already mention how much I loved this book several times on this list but I also think it would be a good book for a book club because one could discuss how secrets can destroy someones lives or hold it together depending on who knows them. Then it could also be discussed who knows what and for how long have they know this secret. Then of course it could be discussed if it's better for everyone if no one every learns the truth.
3.The Book Thief: I'm sure this is or was a popular book club book and I feel there's a lot to discuss and I love this book.
4. Uglies Series: This is one of my favorite book series and I feel that there could be many discussion about how much our society values physical beauty and if the events of this series seems possible.
5. Impulse/Perfect: I love both of this book and since Perfect is a companion novel to Impulse I think it makes sense that they should be talked about together. Both of this books deal with the different pressures that teens feel their under and the either the need to live up to impossible standards or how someone feels when they feel there's nothing left in life that makes getting up in the morning seem worth it. I also love the way it's written with multiple narrators and in verse.
6.Fruits Basket: This series is my favorite and has some of the best developed characters so I would love to psychoanalyse each and everyone of them.
7.1984: I loved this book and I feel that there is a lot to be discussed with all the censorship, brainwashing and psychological torture Big Brother practices in order to stay in control.
8. Perks of Being a Wallflower: I love this book and I feel that there is a lot of topics that can be discussed with this book and I feel that the world would be a better place if more people thought the way that Charlie does.
9. Identical: This book has extremely well developed characters and deals with a number of interesting topics which would all lead to interesting discussions.
10. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series: I love this series and I'm sure that I could find a lot to talk about with people who have actually read the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment