Sunday, August 19, 2012

Manga Review: Tsubasa Reservoir chronicle Vol.3

                                          Tsubasa Reservoir chronicle Vol.3Review
This volume starts off with tying up to the loose ends of the last volume with our main characters saying goodbyes and leaving to go off to the next world. The next world they arrive in is the country of Koryo, this world is a sort of feudal Japan world were magic exists but sadly their current Ryanban(leader of the general area) is a cruel many who none of the citizens like who suddenly became extremely powerful the year before. Chu'nyan takes the main group back to her house believing that they are the amen'osa(a group of people with powerful magic that travels throughout the country and restores order when it needs to be) even though they obviously not the amen'osa, Syaoran, Fai, and Kurogane still go to the castle to defeat the Ryanban because he has Sakura's feather.

During this volume I felt that story was fairly self contained which I think was good for this volume. I really liked that in this volume that the group(save Sakura who was asleep for most of the first two volumes) seemed to know each other better, I especially enjoyed the banter that seems to exist between Fai and Kurogane as well as seeing them fight side by side for the first time. I also like that it's made clearly in this volume that Fai is unwilling to use his magic and also find it interesting that  he lied at first about not being able to use anymore just for Yuko to flat out say that this wasn't true.

I also enjoyed that Sakura was actually awake in this volume even though she seemed tried all volume, I liked seeing her. Sakura is of course still the same kind wonderful person she was before and I liked that she still seems very fond of Syaoran. I also find it interesting that she apparently naturally has very good luck when it comes to things that are left purely to chance(like a dice game but unlike destiny). I also liked that she and Chu'nyan seem to develop a brief friendship. I also just like Chu'nyan's character because she had a lot of spirit and she is actually able to help out quite a bit in the end even though she doesn't have much power of her own.

I overall really enjoyed this volume it had a good story and I continue to enjoy the characters as well. I also continue to think that the art is absolutely gorgeous. Please tell me your thoughts on this volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment