Monday, August 27, 2012

Manga Review: Kobato Vol.3

                                                        Kobato Vol.3 Review
This volume begins with Kobato having a conversation on the phone with the loan shark who is trying to close down Yomogi Kindergarten through this conversation Kobato learns that the loan shark has the same last name as Sayaka-sensei(later on in the volume Kobato learns that the loan shark guy is actually Sayaka-sensei's ex-husband). Kobato decides not to tell Sayaka-sensei about the loan shark's threat to tear down the kindergarten because she doesn't want to make Sayaka-sensei sad or break the promise she made to Fujimoto last volume. Also in this volume Kobato is able to heal the heart of her building manger by letting her know that even after she knew about Sayaka-sensei's problems with the loan shark she still wants to help her and doesn't think badly of her friend.

In this volume there's quite a bit revealed about Ioryogi as well, it's revealed that Ioryogi wasn't always in a form of a stuff animal and that he was put in that form because he caused some trouble a while back. It's also shown that Ioryogi isn't the only one who has been put in a weaker form, there is also a rival of sorts named Ginsei(who appears as a fox with an eye patch), a bear that works in a shop and a bird that works for the bear. It's also revealed that Ioryogi is originally from Tenkai, the heavenly world.

Also in this volume Kobato and Fujimoto grow a bit closer with Fujimoto telling her to call him if she's in any kind of trouble and how she actually notices when he's concerned about her but doesn't want to say that he's concerned. My favorite part was probably when Kobato called Fujimoto about a man in the park with a terrible stomach ache and how Fujimoto rushed down there because he thought she was the one who was hurt, I just loved how worried he was about her. I just really liked how the relationship between these two developed this volume and now I officially ship these two.

I overall loved this volume it's my favorite of the series so far and I can't wait to read the next volume. Also on a kind of random note I think I saw Toya from Cardcaptor Sakura on page 50 but I'm not sure since I don't think those two series take place in the same universe. Please tell me your thoughts on this volume or series as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment