Thursday, August 23, 2012

30 Days of Books Challenge:Day 8: Most Overrated Book

Day 8: Most Overrated Book: Heart of Darkness
I think this book is overrated with people who study literature because most of this book is about the setting, while I think the author did a good job with describing the setting I think he spent far too much time on it. The plot and the characters were ignored for the most book in favor of describing the setting over and over again. I also dislike this book because used so many metaphors, allusions and similes that it caused most ever paragraphed to need to be read at two or three times which is very annoying especially when most of the paragraphs are just telling how dark and forbidding the forest is. I also hated the formatting of the book in edition I had the text was in about ten point font single spaced and with no space between paragraphs not to mention 90% of the book good quotation marks around it. It also annoyed me that only three characters were named through out the whole book.

No comments:

Post a Comment