Thursday, November 23, 2017

TV Review: The Gifted: Rx(1.02)

                                                       The Gifted: Rx(1.02)Review
  • I liked that the episode open a year earlier with the Stucker family having a bowling night and I liked seeing a bit of their normal life because it shows how much has changed for them in just one episode of the show.
  • In the flashback when a young mutant girl accidently looses control of her powers because people are making fun of her I dislike that Reed tells the girl and her father that it would be better for them if they leave because they didn't do anything wrong but I did at least like that Reed doesn't think it's right that people were making fun of her just that he knows who the law will side with.
  • I really can't blame the Stucker family for wanting to go back for Reed but I'm glad that Marcos and John tells them that going bad won't help Reed, would be bad for them and what is really important right now is making sure that Clarice is okay since traveling as far as she did seems to have been bad for her health.
  • I'm worried about how Lorna is going to fair in jail were she can't use her powers due to the collar they put on her neck and because the other inmates have it out for her especially since she is a mutant.
  • I really can't blame John for being mad that Marcos went on his own on to help the Stucker family and I like that he can tell that it was because of Lorna that he did what he did.
  • I like that it turns out that Caitlin is a nurse and I like that she's trying to help Clarice but it seems like she may be too badly injured to be okay without the help of a hospital which she can't go to since she's wanted by the police.
  • I find it worrying that since Clarice is so badly injured her powers are going haywire which is putting both her life and anyone who is trying to help her lives in danger.
  • I liked that Lauren was able to close the portals that Clarice was accidently opening in order to prevent people from going through them and hurting the mutants.
  • I like that Marcos decides that he should take Caitlin with him to hospital so that they can get the medicine that Clarice needs so that she can heal.
  • I liked that Marcos questioned Caitlin whether or not her or her husband would be willing to stand up for or help out mutants if their kids weren't mutants.
  • I find it sad that Clarice was arrested for stealing food because since she couldn't pass for a normal human she wasn't able to get a job so she had to steal to survive.
  • I find it sad that very few hospitals actually allow mutants to be treated at them which just seems wrong.
  • I liked that in order to get to the medicine that Caitlin pretends that Marcos is her boyfriend and that she unwrapped his wound from earlier to make it look like he was injured so that they could get back to where patients are treated.
  • I liked that when the doctor made the assumption that mutants are more likely to be abusive that Caitlin was confused and offended that someone would think that.
  • I find it sad that the other mutant girl that Lorna meets in prison is so defeated that she doesn't even want to try to find a way to escape because she doesn't believe that there's a way it can work.
  • I like that John doesn't want to risk moving Clarice because it could hurt her even though that would be easier than evacuating all of the other mutants which is what he is making plans to do in order to keep them all alive.
  • I think it's absurd that Reed is being tried for terrorism when it's very clear that all he was trying to do was keep is family safe and I think it's cruel that they're threatening his mother who has nothing to do with anything.
  • I like that when one of the prisoners tried to harm Lorna's child that she was able to overpower her collar and use her powers to attack the other prisoner but I was sad that she was locked up in solitary because of this.
  • I find it sad that it turns out that Marcos's parents rejected him when he first showed his powers when he was thirteen and I like how he refers to Lorna as his true family because she's the one that has been there for him through out the hardest times in his life.
  • I like that Caitlin insist that she should be the one that goes in to help Clarice because she's the one that knows the proper dosage that is need to save her rather than kill her.
  • I liked that Clarice when she woke up worried that she might have hurt someone and I liked that John assured her that only property was damaged and that everyone is okay.
  • I liked that Caitlin told Lauren and Andy that she was proud of them and then promised them that they would find their dad and bring him back to them.
  • I liked that Reed realizes that sentinel services don't actually know anything that will end up getting his family captured and I liked that Reed made a deal that would make it sure that he would go down alone.
  • I'm worried about what the scientist that seems to know about mutants siblings could know that could get Lauren and Andy captured.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment