Monday, April 1, 2013

TV Review: The Bates Motel: What's Wrong With Norman(1.03)

                          The Bates Motel: What's Wrong With Norman(1.03)Review
  • I really liked how much Emma cared about what may have happened to the girls in that notebook if they really existed and how she explained that she didn't believe the story was true until they saw that shed.
  • I find it very odd how defensive Norma was when the doctors asked if Norman had a history of blackouts which makes me wonder if he does of a history of black outs.
  • I really enjoyed the scene when Bradley visits Norman while he's in the hospital and how she talks about how she just wants to be happy.
  • I found it weird that Norma decided to take Norman out of the hospital before he was ready especially since the police had just gone to their house with a search warrant.
  • I found it both interesting and sad that Norman doesn't know why he kept Keith's belt and I find it especially sad that Norman just doesn't know what is wrong with him and that this seems to trouble him more than anything else.
  • I liked how this episode confirmed that Dylan has got a job as one of the people who guards the pot field and I liked that he asked quite a few questions about the town works because this town is a really strange place.
  • I think it's interesting that Deputy Shelby was willing to withhold evidence in order to get Norma to date him and I find it interesting that even when Shelby was being completely open  to the truth that Norma just continues to tell him unconvincing lies.
  • I find it sad that Dylan is completely estranged from his dad and isn't close at all to either his mom or his brother but I do like that Dylan does seem to care about Norman's mental health despite the two of them not being close.
  • I liked how Dylan tried to talk to Norman again this week about how Norma's behavior is not good for Norman but this week he was much calmer about it so it seemed like a little bit of it actually got through to Norman.
  • I find it interesting and frightening that Norman doesn't remember coming after Dylan with a meat tenderizer from last week's episode.
  • I found Norman's brief freak out when asking Emma not to show the journals to the police to be very interesting with how it seems that he views being himself as a problem.
  • I find it interesting and frightening that Norman hallucinated Norma telling him to get the belt back from Deputy Shelby and this also makes me wonder how much of what Norman was seeing in the basement of Deputy Shelby's house was really.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment