Wednesday, April 17, 2013

TV Review: Hannibal: Pilot(1.01)

                                                     Hannibal: Pilot(1.01)Review
  • I really love the character of Will Graham a criminal profiler who has a gift with how he's able to imagine himself in just about any person's point of view and he's able to empathize with them. I love that for all his brilliance he isn't unaffected by things such as death and that he has trouble socializing with others and it doesn't seem that he's completely secure in himself.
  • I love that Graham is emotionally effected by what he is able to imagine as far as the whole being able to see how and why most killers kill. I also like how upset he was by not being able to understand what kind of psychopath the killer was since it didn't quite fit any profile.
  • I really love the contrast between the characters of Graham and Hannibal Lecter because they both seem to have similar skill sets with how they can get into killers heads but they handle those abilities very differently while it frightens Graham it doesn't seem to even phase Lecter and it's also worth noting that Lecter seems more comfortable in social situations and more secure with himself than Graham seems to be.
  • I find it very disturbing that Lecter killed someone in a similar way to the killer in this week's episode in order to get Graham to see how the two killers styles differ and I found it pretty disturbing that Lecter eats human flesh but I wasn't really all that surprised by it. I also liked how Graham seemed to be much more upset by Lecter's kill the original killers victim because it was so wrong.
  • I found it odd that Lecter was willing to warn the killer that he has been caught and I wonder what exactly was his goal in giving this warning, I'm guessing it might have something to do with emotionally breaking Graham in some way.
  • I really enjoyed the contrast between Graham and Lecter with how they handled finding the injured members of the killers family with Graham wanting to save them and being very emotional and Lecter just being all calm and mostly staying in the background. I also liked seeing that Graham was very emotionally effected by the experience and it was no big deal for Lecter.
Please tell me your thoughts on the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment