Saturday, December 23, 2017

TV Review: Shadowhunters: This Guilty Blood(2.01)

                               Shadowhunters: This Guilty Blood(2.01)Review
  • I like that they showed a bunch of dead bodies of people who drank from the cup but died instead of becoming a shadowhunter because it shows that Valentine is already killing so many people by just creating his army and it explains why the cup isn't generally used to create more shadowhunters.
  • I like that when Jace sees Clary show up on Valentine's boat that his first thought is that she has to leave because he knows it's not safe for her there and I like that he protects her from Valentine and his men.
  • I really like the new designs that the seraph blades have because they look more like swords although they look a little less supernatural since they don't light up as much.
  • I think it's really screwed up how Valentine had a couple of his followers use the shape shifter rune to pretend to be him so that Jace would get to kill him only to be faced with him again and I think it was especially screwed up that Valentine used the shape shifter rune to pretend to be Clary to test Jace's loyalty which isn't to Valentine because he doesn't deserve it.
  • I think the thing that makes it clear that Clary isn't really Clary in the boat scene is that she doesn't once try and help Jace kill Valentine which is something that she has always been known to try in the past.
  • I understand why Jace being missing is very upsetting for Alec but I really don't like the way that he is lashing out at everyone around him when they're just trying to help.
  • I liked that Clary confronted her mom about how she lied to her about who she really was and who are father was her whole life and I liked that Jocelyn promised that she wouldn't lie to her anymore.
  • I liked that Clary told her mom about how her brother is still alive while clearly believing that she would see this as a good thing while it's clear that Jocelyn isn't reacting the way that Clary thought she would.
  • I really do think that anyone who doesn't have a parabatai can understand what it's like to have one who you know is in trouble and you also have no way to help them because as Alec says Jace is a part of him and that's a kind of connection that I feel needs be experience to be understood.
  • I felt bad for Simon when Jocelyn found out that he has became a vampire and she flinches away from him.
  • I don't really understand why Maryse thought it was a good idea to go behind Lydia's back and get her replaced by Aldtree.
  • I liked that when Clary realized that the institute being on lockdown means that no one will be looking for Jace and I like that Izzy tells her that Jace is tough so he won't break under Valentine.
  • I dislike that Clary accidently told Aldtree something that makes it sound like Jace could have went with Valentine willingly.
  • I felt so bad for Jace when he was being tortured by Valentine and I think it's really screwed up how after Valentine was done having him tortured he cooked him spaghetti and tried to bond with him.
  • I like that Jace tried to kill Valentine by throwing a knife at him but I wasn't surprised when Valentine wasn't killed so easily.
  • I like that Jace was mad at Valentine for faking his own death and keeping the fact that he had a mother from him and I like that Jace thought that Valentine's explanations about how seeing his father be killed made him stronger just further proves how awful Valentine is as a father and a person in general.
  • I liked that Jace told Valentine that the ones that made him strong wasn't him but the Lightwoods who took him in and trained him, I just always love when Jace claims the Lightwoods as his true family.
  • I think the rune that allows you force your memories into someone else's head is really creepy and I'm not surprised that Valentine would use it.
  • I feel bad for Jace when Valentine tells him he experimented on him by inserting demon blood into him before he was born.
  • I like that Magnus pointed out to Alec that Alec came out for himself and not for Magnus because that is true and I think it's important to acknowledge that.
  • I dislike that Aldtree essentially put out a kill order on Jace because he suspects that Jace could be willingly working with Valentine despite the fact that everyone that knows him best is telling him that he's not.
  • I dislike how Aldtree kicked Simon out of the institute right before dawn when he knows that Simon has nowhere to go but luckily Luke is still there and offers to take Simon back to the Jade Wolf with him.
  • I dislike how Jocelyn thinks that the kill order out on Jace is perfectly okay and I like that Clary doesn't understand why her mother would think that.
  • I dislike how Aldtree threatened to derune Izzy and Alec because they don't agree with the kill order that he put out on Jace.
  • I like that Luke tells Simon be bold and tell Clary that he has feelings for her.
  • I dislike how the other members of Luke's pack lock Simon up in a boat house.
  • I like that Jace called out Valentine for experimenting with demon blood on his own son and I dislike how Valentine then goes on to tell Jace that all downworlders will give into their demonic urges and I like that Jace tells him that he knows plenty of good downworlders and that if downworlders are so evil for having demon blood then it makes no sense why he would experiment on his own son with it.
  • I liked that Izzy helps Clary with her training and then told her how she had to sneak out of the institute by using the shape shifter rune and I like how Izzy references the Art of War to tell Clary this.
  • I liked that when Maryse tries to convince Alec to cut Jace out of his life that Alec points out that Jace is a part of him and if he dies a part of him dies and that he doesn't give up on someone just because they are hard choice.
  • I like that when Clary goes to Luke for help after she escapes the institute that he calls Jocelyn to let her know that Clary is.
  • I dislike how Jocelyn tricked Clary into giving her, her stele and her phone before locking her and Simon in the boat house.
  • I liked that Alec told Magnus that he's sorry for how he has been lashing out him since Jace has gone missing and I like that Magnus accepted it and told Alec to not push him a way when things get crazy.
  • I liked that Clary and Simon talked about how crazy their lives have become in the last couple of weeks and I like that Simon almost confessed to Clary that he's in love with her but he doesn't get to in the end.
  • I dislike how Valentine uses a vampire and her den of vampires to prove that the Clave isn't enough to keep the downworld in check to Jace because while he's right in this instance he isn't right overall.
  • I liked that when Clary told Simon that he has to run faster that he pointed out that he was running slow so that she could keep up with him.
  • I dislike how Jocelyn tried to kill Jace and while I'm thankful that Valentine took an arrow for him, I don't like the reason that he did it which is to prove to Jace that he cares for him while no one else ever will.
  • I like that Clary is mad at her mom for nearly killing Jace because she should be.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment