Saturday, December 23, 2017

TV Review: The Gifted: EXit Strategy(1.04)

                                            The Gifted: EXit Strategy(1.04)Review
  • I like that the episode started with a flashback of when John along with a few other mutants were trying to break out fellow mutants from a Mutant Relocation Center because it shows how heavily guarded those places are and how dangerous trying to break someone out of there can be.
  • I'm not surprised at all that Lorna doesn't want to work with Reed at all because she obviously doesn't trust him because the last time they met he used information about her pregnancy as a way to manipulate her.
  • I like that when most of the mutants were against the idea of breaking into a prison to save Lorna and Reed that Marcos pointed out that Lorna at one point has saved everyone in this room so they owe her and I like that Marcos just makes it so clear that all he cares about is making sure that Lorna is safe.
  • I liked that Caitlin came up with the plan to try and get to Lorna and Reed while they were being moved because getting them out of prison would be too dangerous.
  • I'm worried about Marcos going back to the cartel for help on getting information on when and how Lorna and Reed are being moved because that kind of information isn't the kind that comes for free and will no doubt lead him to having to do things that he doesn't want to have to do anymore.
  • I like that John wants Sonya to tell Clarice the truth about how she put a false memory in her head and how he doesn't like that she did that because it wasn't right how she invade her mind.
  • I became even more worried for Marcos once it was made clear that his ex girlfriend is the one who is now in charge of the cartel and is surely interested in making Marcos pay as much as possible for the information that he needs.
  • I like that when Lauren heard that they need to find safely stop a prison truck that she came up with the idea that her and Andy could use their powers together to stop a prison truck.
  • I like that Reed as come to the realization that he has been wrong about the way he has seen mutants and how he has treated them in the past but I also understand why Lorna still hates him for everything that he has done in the past.
  • I like that Caitlin doesn't want her kids to be part of a plan to attack a prison truck because of how dangerous it could be for them but I like that Lauren and Andy are able to convince her that they need to take this risk.
  • I hated that Marcos had to use his power to torture a guy in order to get the information that he needed but I'm not surprised that, that was the price for the information.
  • I liked that when Clarice asked John if he ever thought about quitting the mutant underground that he tells her he does all the time but he keeps doing what they are doing because saving mutants is too important not to do.
  • I like that Clarice asks John if the memory she's been dreaming about all episode is real and that he tells her that it isn't, I also like that it's clear that he wants to tell her that Sonya put that memory in her head but considering the timing of the conversation I think it was probably for the best that he didn't tell her then.
  • I liked how Lauren realized just how much their lives have changed in the last couple of days when she realized it was Sunday and that she was suppose to make corn muffins for this thing for school.
  • I wasn't really surprised when Marcos told Sonya and Trader that he wasn't going to leave without Lorna even if things go really wrong.
  • I liked that when Andy's powers wasn't working when they needed them to that Lauren made him angry because she knows that his powers work better when he's angry.
  • I was a little surprised to see Pulse a mutant that we saw at the beginning of the episode who John says was his best friend working for sentinel services(although I assume he's being mind controlled in some way by them) and that his ability can make it so all other mutants are unable to use their powers.
  • I wasn't all that surprised that when Marcos found out that their powers weren't working that he pulled out a gun and was willing to use that to try and get him a chance at getting to Lorna.
  • I liked that Caitlin used a shot of something to knock out one of sentinel services guys so that she could get Lauren and Andy to their car and I like that she made them leave while she stayed behind to do her part in making sure they get Reed back.
  • I felt bad for John that he had to knock out Pulse so that the rest of them could have a fighting chance against sentinel services.
  • I liked how when Reed offered to let Lorna use the metal screws in his leg that she was hesitant to do so but I'm glad that she did use them in the end.
  • I like that in the end Lorna was the one that got her and Reed out of there but I liked seeing the reunions between Lorna and Marcos and between Caitlin and Reed at the end of the episode.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment