Saturday, December 23, 2017

TV Review: The 100: Heavy Lies the Crown(4.02)

                                        The 100: Heavy Lies the Crown(4.02)Review
  • I felt bad for the grounder Illian who had been forced to do ALIE's bidding and that because of this he lost his entire family at his own hand.
  • I liked that Kane encouraged Abby to keep wearing her wedding ring around her neck because he knows that her relationship with her late husband has a lot to do with the person she is today and he doesn't want her to feel like she has to get rid of that because they are together now.
  • I like that Illain doesn't want to kill Roan in order to have a chance at killing the people from the ark but I dislike that he blames them for ALIE when it really isn't their fault.
  • I like that Octavia and Kane told Roan about how one of the ambassadors is going to challenge him to single combat, I liked that Kane tried to convince him to find a way to prevent the fight all together while Octavia encourage him to have someone fight in his place, I think it says a lot about how the two of them choose to deal with conflicts.
  • I like how Raven is telling Bellamy and Clarke that she thinks that it would be for the best if they tell everyone about the radiation because she believes that the more minds on the project the better chance they have at figuring out a solution to their problems. I like that Clarke and Bellamy point out that they can tell the grounders because they have to prevent a war with them but I did like that they agreed to inform their people once they had some form of a solution.
  • I liked that Monty figured out that they way for their people to survive is to use the part of the Ark that their people are living in as a shelter and that all they need to do is patch it up in order to make it survivable once the radiation hits.
  • I like that Bellamy recruited Bryan and Miller to go look for the hydrogenatorater that the farm station had so that they'll be able to produce enough water for their people for the five years it will take for the radiation levels to go down.
  • I like that Miller doesn't want Bryan to go with them on the mission into the Ice Nation because it's dangerous there and Bryan is still healing from his injuries.
  • I like that Bryan thinks that Octavia murdering Pike was wrong both because Pike was their Chancellor and because Pike did keep him alive for quite a while as well which did inspire loyalty out of him, I also like that Bryan tells Miller that the only reason he helped Miller and the others last season give Pike up to the grounders was to protect Miller's life.
  • I both like and find it concerning how Jasper is much happier now that he knows that there is a very good chance that they're all going to die in six months and I like that Monty is still concerned about how Jasper is really doing.
  • I like that Clarke decides not to go on the mission to get the hydrogenatorater because she wants to find a solution that will save the grounders as well as their people. I also like that Bellamy told her that they save who they can today before he went off on the mission.
  • I liked that when they were looking down at the ruins of the farm station that Harper reached out to hold Monty's hand.
  • I liked that when they noticed that there were grounders at the farm station that Bryan wanted to kill them because of what they did to the farm station in the past and that Bellamy told him that while they could take them they didn't come here to fight and I liked that Monty agreed with Bellamy because he knows that their mission is a lot more important than revenge.
  • I was worried that it seemed like the Ice Nation members wouldn't care that Bellamy had permission from Roan to come there and that they would kill them anyways but I'm glad that the Chief seems to not really care that they're there as long as they leave quickly.
  • I understand why Raven is so frustrated by Clarke not allowing her to tell everyone the real reason they need to patch up the ship because she only got five volunteers to help her out and she needs a lot more than that if they're going to seal up the ark within six months.
  • I like that Jaha is volunteering himself to help Raven out in anyway he can and I understand why Raven doesn't really want his help because of everything he did last season and I like that Clarke is more willing to take his help because she understands what it's like to do horrible things in the name of helping her people.
  • I find it horrifying that the Ice Nation is keeping people as slaves in the farm station and I understand why it's hard for everyone to stay focused on the mission when confronted with this.
  • I like that Echo is offering to fight in Roan's place and that she's been trying to figure out what the ark's people are offering him that is worth risking having the other clans challenge his right to the throne. I actually like that Roan told Echo about the world possibly ending and I'm not sure why since I don't trust her at all but for some reason I like that she now knows why Roan is doing what he's doing.
  • I'm not surprised at all that Kane and Octavia's talk with Illain and the ambassador did nothing to prevent the fight from happening.
  • I kind of like how Jasper makes the point of wanting to live being different than wanting to survive which is what Clarke wants for their people.
  • I like how Jasper points out that Clarke keeping the fact that everyone may die in six months from them is similar to the council sending a hundred teenagers to the ground to see if they could survive on the ground.
  • I like that Bryan and Harper both want to save the slaves which is made up of their people while Monty and Miller now that the genatorater is more important right now since it will be the thing that will keep their people and the human race as a whole alive, while Bellamy wants to do both but in the end chooses to save the slaves because this is the only chance they will ever have to save them.
  • I like that when Monty is given the opportunity to kill the man to kill that killed his father that he instead frees the people he was using as slaves and let them kill him instead.
  • I like that Jaha can tell that Clarke is hiding something and I like he gives her advice about what it means to be a leader. I like that because of everything that Clarke has been through during the series she can now understand why Jaha did what he did in the first season.
  • While I like that Octavia was able to solve the problem with the ambassador but I find it disturbing how easy it is for her to kill people.
  • I like that Illian knows that Octavia was behind the ambassador's death and I like that Echo suspects she was.
  • I like that Bryan is doubting the decision to save the slaves today rather than their people in six months.
  • I like that Bellamy is refusing to not save people when he can just because it may be better for their people in the long run because he's lived that way before and he won't do it again.
  • I completely understand why Raven is angry with both Clarke and Bellamy with how she's mad at Clarke for not being truly honest with their people and at Bellamy for not thinking long term with how he destroyed their best chance at survival.
  • I liked that at the end of the episode that Bellamy and Clarke brought up the whole we save who we can save today again to show that they are doing their best to keep their people alive on a day by day basis.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment