Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Top 10 Books I Read in 2017

1. All the Bright Places: This book is one that I thought had a really good writing style and I found myself completely invested in the lives of the two main characters which led me to feel like I just had to know what happens next. I also thought that this book did a good job of dealing with the issues of grief and mental illness without feeling too dark. Overall I just found that this book did a good job of gripping me through out it's story.
2. Cress: This book is the third book of The Lunar Chronicles series and I liked that this book continued the story for all the main characters that we met in previous books but also introduced us to Cress and gave Thorne a lot more focused and development. I liked that there was quite a bit going on in this book but still plenty of time for character and relationship development as well. One of my favorite things about this book was the relationship between Cress and Thorne which is probably my favorite relationship in the series and I really loved seeing their bond develop in this book.
3. Winter: This is the final book in the series and while I did love how so much happened in this book and so many characters stories were covered in this book there were times when I was a little overwhelmed by everything that was happening in this book since this book was by far the most eventful book of this already extremely eventful series. I really love the characters of Winter and I really liked that through her we saw the way the Lunars lived very different because she comes from a very different way of life than all the other characters. I also liked that Cinder and Kai are finally able to share scenes together again in this book since they really haven't been able to since the first book so that was something I really loved about this book.
4. Blue Lilly, Lilly Blue: I really just love the world and the characters that this series has in it so any time that I get to spend in the world and with the characters is something I enjoy reading about. I really like the way that Blue and Gansey's relationship is developing because you can tell how much they are growing to like each other but are still trying not to act on those feelings.
5. Highly Illogical Behavior: I really loved the writing style for this book that made this book a really quick read for me and I like that the plot dealt with a boy that doesn't leave his house because of social anxiety and a girl who wants to cure him so that she could get a scholarship for a good psychology program and I like that there wasn't a love story between them as well.
6. House of Hades: This book is the fourth book in the Heroes of Olympus series and I found this book to be a lot of fun and I feel like we learned new things about the characters and that we got to see new relationships develop and old ones strength in this book.
7. School Spirits: This book is a companion novel to the Hex Hall series and I like that this book deals with a girl who hunts supernatural beings rather than be one because it gives a new perspective to this world and I thought that the characters and writing in this book were good as well.
8. Rumble: This is the book that I'm currently reading and so far it's a really good read, it has Ellen Hopkins fantastic writing and it is dealing with a boy coming to terms with his brother's suicide and has quite a bit to say on religion as well.
9. United We Spy: This book is the final book in the Gallagher Girls series and I thought it was a fitting end of the series in that it dealt with an important spy mission but also Cammie not knowing what she wants to do with her life after graduating, I liked how the series ended with both the spy stuff and the relatable teen stuff because these two things coming together is what made the series what it was.
10. All Fall Down: This book is the first book in the Embassy Row series and I think that this book was a good introduction to the world and characters that this series will focus on and I think that this book did a good job telling it's story but also leaving room open for the next book in the series.

3 comments:

  1. *screaming* You read The Gallagher Girls! What is your favorite book from the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *And more screaming because you have a tag for AOS*

      Delete
    2. Thank you for commenting and my favorite book in the Gallagher Girls series is either Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy(I think this book is where things started to get more interesting and it was the book that introduced Zach as well) or Only the Good Spy Young(this book felt pretty high stakes and I also felt like there were plenty of good character moments as well). While I'm happy that you're excited that I have an AOS tag I should warn you I stopped watching the show after season 2 because I hated the direction that show was taking and found I was only invested in like two characters at that point.

      Delete