Thursday, March 23, 2017

TV Review: Revenge: Two Graves(4.23)

                                                  Revenge: Two Graves(4.23)Review
  • I liked that the episode started with flashback of young Emily and her dad that was similar to the ones that we use to see on season one which I thought was a nice touch.
  • I do think it makes a poetic type of sense that Victoria is planning to start a new life under a false name much like Emily did but I don't think that her plan is as well made as Emily's was.
  • I found it surprising and a bit disturbing that Victoria passed her mother's corpse off as her own because even though the two of them had an awful relationship that is still something that I feel like crosses some sort of line.
  • I liked that Emily plead guilty to killing Victoria in order to move into a prison that Nolan made plans of how to get one of them out of there in case something like this happened.
  • I liked that David questioned what Emily was doing when she plead guilty and that when she indicated that she wasn't going to tell him what she was up to since she knew their conversation is being recorded and that he didn't care about that but Emily was still unwilling to tell him anything because she doesn't want him to get hurt trying to protect her.
  • The flashback scene with Victoria and her mother made me fell bad for Victoria because as awful as a person as she is her mother is much worse and probably has a whole lot to do with why Victoria is the way she is.
  • I liked that Nolan and Jack met up with Emily after she escaped from prison and basically promised to follow her until the bitter end.
  • I thought that is pretty bold of Victoria to go to her own funeral but I agree with Louise that Victoria is being way too reckless considering her situation.
  • I'm not surprised that Charlotte and Patrick didn't show up to Victoria's funeral because she's really hasn't been the greatest mother.
  • I think that Victoria wanting to tell Louise that she's still alive has more to do with the fact that she wants to be around someone who thinks world of her rather than wanting to make sure that Louise isn't mourning her when she doesn't have to.
  • I like that Margaux doesn't want there to anymore blood shed but I dislike that she lets Victoria talk her into hiring that hit woman again to go after Emily.
  • I liked that both Emily and Jack thought that it was beyond messed up that Victoria used her mother's body to fake her own death.
  • I like that Emily went out in a disguise and found the evidence she needed in order to prove that Victoria switched the bodies.
  • I liked that when Nolan found out that Margaux hired someone to take Emily out that he called her right a way and told her to get somewhere where she would be safe.
  • I liked that Jack almost died because of his relationship with Emily because I feel like Jack dying because of his involvement with Emily is something that makes narrative sense and I think that him dying in end would have fit the theme of the show better than a happy ending but I'm also glad that Jack didn't die because he means so much Emily and Nolan so I don't want them to go through the pain of loosing him.
  • I was surprised that when Emily told Nolan that she was going to kill Victoria that Nolan didn't try to stop her because he also have tried to stop her from killing in the past but that just goes to show how much hurting Jack crosses a line for these two.
  • I liked that when Nolan told Emily that he was going after the hit woman that Emily told him that she was too dangerous and that Nolan told her that learned how to be dangerous from Emily, I found that scene oddly sweet.
  • I loved that Louise told Emily and Nolan where to Victoria because Victoria being willing to fake her own death in order to make Emily spend life in prison for a crime she didn't commit showed Louise Victoria's true colors finally.
  • I liked that Nolan confronted Margaux with pictures of Ben's body in order to show her that she was guilty for his death because she hired his killer and I liked that when she tried to say that he wasn't better than her that Nolan pointed out that she crossed a line that he would never and new someone is dead because of her and someone that she once cared about is in critical condition. I liked that Nolan was able to use Margaux's guilty in order to get her to help him take down the hit woman.
  • I liked that Louise got to confront Victoria about how she has been using her as a pawn this entire time and that she told Victoria that she hurt her, I also liked that she said Victoria has hurt Emily much more.
  • I like that Margaux decided that she would let herself go down for her crime of hiring the hit woman in order to redeem her soul even though Nolan had already erased all the records her involvement.
  • I liked how when Victoria said that Emily has never been able to pull the trigger that Emily told her that she much preferred that the people who destroyed her life live in agony rather than pay with their lives although seems Victoria is exception.
  • I thought it was pretty sad and messed up that Victoria has consider herself dead for longer than Emily has even been alive.
  • I liked that David shot Victoria so that Emily wouldn't have to. I liked that he saved her from having to kill someone and from being sent to jail for the rest of her life by making sure that he would go instead.
  • I like that in flash forward it seems that Emily and Charlotte are close in a way that I always hoped they could be.
  • It was heartbreaking to see Emily have to loose her father all over again especially since this time we know she won't get him back.
  • I liked how Emily and Nolan talked about how all of this started and I liked how Nolan told Emily that working on revenge gave him a purpose and that when he wonder if he'll find one again that she told him that of course he would.
  • I think that Emily and Jack ending up happily married isn't really an ending that suits the series as a whole but I didn't completely hate it either but I think there could have been an ending that suited the tone and theme of the series better.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode and the series as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment