Friday, January 3, 2014

TV Review: Reign: Chosen(1.06)

                                                        Reign: Chosen(1.06)Review
  • I liked how at the beginning of this episode Francis was avoiding Olivia even though him and Mary still haven't made up yet since his heart still lays with her.
  • I liked that Mary gently warns Kenna that she should be careful with her relationship with the King and that she should be wary of Queen Catherine.
  • I liked that Mary still sees her kiss with Bash as a mistake and I like that while Bash doesn't really regret kissing her he regrets that she is the one who's meant for his brother who he also considers a friend.
  • I felt bad for Kenna when she saw that Diane returned with the king and still stood by his side as she always had.
  • I like that once Bash realized that the pagans where threatening Mary in order to get him to pay his debt that he tells both Francis and Mary about what the pagan told him last episode about needing to pay debt.
  • I like that Francis seems to be more mad that Bash is lying to him than he is that he kissed Mary even though he's clearly upset about both.
  • I liked the scenes between Bash and his mother Diane where we learn that she use to be a pagan but doesn't practice anymore and that although Bash considers himself Catholic the pagan community seems to disagree.
  • I like that Kenna told all the other ladies in waiting about her relationship with the king because I'm glad that she told them and they didn't have to find out on their own. I also liked how the other girls warned Kenna to be careful with the king since he isn't making it seem like his heart belongs to Kenna.
  • I find it scary that pagans drugged Mary and hung a dead stag above her bed to threaten her further.
  • I was saddened by the tension in Francis's and Bash's relationship with Francis telling Bash more or less to commit a blood sacrifice in order to ensure that Mary stays safe although I disliked the tension I could understand both of their actions.
  • I like that when Catherine first asks what happens in Mary's room that Mary tells her someone broke in and that Catherine could probably tell them how the person could have done that.
  • I like that Mary and Catherine worked together to find out who were the pagans in the castle with Mary offering anyone with information their protection as motivation while Catherine threatened to burn down their homes as motivation to get them to talk.
  • I like that Bash clearly didn't want to kill anyone for the sacrifice but felt he had no choice so he went to the jail in hoping to find a killer but could only find a thief.
  • I like that Francis told Mary about what Bash had to do to pay the debt and how he had told Bash to do it and that he knew about their kiss.
  • I feel bad for Kenna because by the end of the episode she believes she has the king's heart but he's still with Diane although I did enjoy the brief glimpse we got of their relationship they seem to understand each other well.
  • I like that Bash killed the pagan as his blood sacrifice even though he does end up killing the thief later in the episode.
  • I liked how Francis pointed out to Mary that due to their positions they can't let their emotions motivate their decisions and their engagement is merely a promise that he may never be allowed to fulfill. I also like that Francis told Mary she could see who she likes as long as it isn't Bash although I dislike that he went back to Olivia at the end of the episode.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment