Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Manga Review: Sakura Hime:The Legend of Princess Sakura V.2

                            Sakura Hime: The legend of Princess Sakura V.2: Review
In the second volume Princess Sakura is given chance to be under the Emperor’s protection if she is able to defeat a Youko that has been killing people in the mountains and she’ll be able to return home and break off her engagement with Aoba. Through out the volume we learn that despite everything Princess Sakura loves Aoba and he half loves her and half hates her which makes for a complicated relationship.

In this volume there’s a Youko who’s been controlling or working with the Councilor and when Oumi, one of Sakura’s lady in waiting discovers this she’s threaten with death if she doesn’t trick Princess Sakura into going into a trap. I’m glad that Oumi decides to not trick Princess Sakura but I found her death scene were she tells the Princess about how her family died from being attack by youkos and how she sorry that she has a hard time accepting Sakura and Asagiri because of it.

I overall really enjoyed this volume and look forward to reading the next one. I continued to love Princess Sakura but I missed her friendship with Kohaku. I liked learning more Aoba since it made me like his character more. I’m also curious about the Youko that wants Sakura to become an Youko that killed Oumi towards the end. Please tell me your thoughts on the volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment