Friday, April 27, 2018

TV Review: The 100: Gimme Shelter(4.07)

                                               The 100: Gimme Shelter(4.07)Review
  • I don't understand why Illian would want to help make sure Octavia survives since she tried to kill him last episode. I liked that when the black rain started coming down that Octavia decided to help Illian get out of the rain.
  • I liked how it was shown how dangerous the black rain could be when all the people by the ark all rushed inside to avoid it and then doused themselves with water to protect themselves.
  • I liked that Bellamy and Kane went out to go get the guy who had fallen during the mad the rush to get inside.
  • I like that Bellamy is worried about whether or not Octavia is okay since she's far away from camp but I'm glad that Kane stopped Bellamy from going out and finding her since it's far too dangerous to go out into the black rain.
  • I like that Clarke seems to be worried about Raven and her mom because she knows that both of them are working themselves too hard and she knows that there's something wrong with Raven's brain at them moment and suspects that her mom might not be okay as well.
  • I find it interesting that Abby and Jackson came up with the idea to use Luna's bone marrow to make night blood but they took that option off the table because the only way to test it was to expose the person that they injected the bone marrow into enough radiation to kill a person.
  • I find it sad how the guy that Harper feels guilty about not helping the guy that fell into the mud since he reached for her and she didn't help and now the only thing she can do to help him is make his death a peaceful one.
  • I like that Bellamy wants to go out into the rain to save a man and his son and I like that part of the reason he is so determined to do so is because the son was part of the original 100 but I also like that Kane is trying to talk him out of going because the mission is basically an unnecessary suicide mission.
  • I like that after Bellamy finds out that the suit he used to go out into the rain was useless that he made it to the rover and I like that he was still determined to complete his mission. I liked that Kane tried to talk Bellamy out of his mission and when that didn't work told him not to take an unnecessary risks.
  • I liked how Emori told Clarke that her people were lucky to have her since she would do anything to save her people and I liked how Clarke told her that she not just trying to save her own people but everyone.
  • I get why Emori would assume that the would use her as the one to test nightblood out on since she's an outsider and not someone they need but I really don't think that is what they would decide to do to test it.
  • I like that Murphy after Emori tells him what she heard about testing out nightblood that he decided to talk to Clarke about it to ensure that Emori wouldn't be the person they used.
  • I like that Clarke noticed that someone had broken into the house and that her and Murphy were able to get to Emori before the guy killed her.
  • I was sad to learn that Emori was sold to Basil the man that broke in to kill her when she was young and that he use to hurt her and her brother when she was young.
  • I really can't blame Emori for wanting to have her revenge by killing Basil for everything he did to her and her brother and everything he forced her to do in order to survive. Although I do understand why Clarke wants to prevent Emori from killing in revenge I also don't think this decision isn't one she should really have a say in.
  • I liked that when Emori just came in and started beating up Basil who Murphy had tied up earlier that he just took a step back and watched over her. I liked that when it looked like Clarke was going to step in that Murphy asked Clarke if she could just let Emori have this kill.
  • I liked that Clarke came up with the idea of using Basil to test out the nightblood with since no one really cares for him to live and his death could save them all.
  • I was sad that Bellamy couldn't make it to rescue the man and his son since the rover got stuck in the mud and I felt especially bad for him since he pretty much had to hear them die over the radio and you can just see he's blaming himself for their deaths even though it's not his fault at all.
  • I actually believe Octavia when she tells Illian that she doesn't feel anything after she kills people because that's what we've been shown in the past about her and I believe that the reason she didn't kill Illian had more to do with her feeling sad about Lincoln dying rather than not being able to commit cold blood murder.
  • I thought it was good of Illian to save Octavia from committing suicide by walking out into the rain but I really dislike how she pretty blackmailed him into have sex with her since she needed him to make her feel something else.
  • I like how Abby is worried about being a murderer for killing someone so that everyone else will have the chance to survive.
  • I like that Kane tells Abby that sometimes in order to survive they have to do things that are bad so that they can live long enough to find there humanity again.
  • I liked that when Bellamy was saying he was failure for not being able to save the man and his son as well as Octavia that Kane told him that neither of those things are his fault and that he tried his best therefore he has no reason to feel guilty.
  • I liked that Kane told Bellamy that maybe the reason that he can't save Octavia is because she doesn't want to be saved and I liked that he told Bellamy that his mother would be proud of the man he's become and that he is proud of him, I also think it's understandable that Bellamy's only reply was to say that Kane floated his mother.
  • I like that Illian is going back to his village, I like that Octavia threw away some of her daggers but I'm not thrilled about her going with Illian to his village.
  • I liked that when Bellamy came back and Kane told him that there still isn't any word from Octavia that Bellamy repeated back Kane's words about not being able to save someone who doesn't want to be saved.
  • I liked that when Emori revealed that the guy that broke in wasn't the guy that hurt her in the past but rather just someone other than her that they would use to test nightblood that Murphy was impressed and told her that's a survivor's move right there.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment