Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Top 7 Books That Surprised Me

1. Reading in the Dark: This book isn't the type of book that I usually read but I ended up finding myself very invested in the main character and how he deals with discovering more and more secrets about his family and how learning the truth put a strain on his relationship with his family.
2. Catch 22: Since all I knew about this book before I read it was that it's a war book I assumed that I wouldn't like it but once I started reading it I found that I actually really enjoyed this book because of it's absurdist sense of humor.
3. Slaughter House Five: This is another war book that I thought I would hate but actually ended up enjoying although not for exactly the same reason, this one I more enjoyed that it had a science fiction element and a non-linear timeline.
4. Anna and the French Kiss: I really expected that I would love this book because everyone seemed to love this book and couldn't stop talking about how dreamy St.Clair was so I figured that I would feel the same way, I didn't. While I do think that the book was well written and it certainly isn't the worst book I ever read, I found that I couldn't get invested in the romance because I ended up hating St. Clair for flirting with Anna for months while having a girlfriend and I found that I didn't like Anna much better. I also found it really annoying that Anna was suppose to be a film geek but thought that Paris didn't have movie theaters because anyone who knows anything about films knows that the Cannes film festival takes place in France so anyone with common sense would assume that Paris would at the very least have a movie theater.
5. Lola and the Boy Next Door: Since I wasn't a big fan of Anna and the French Kiss I didn't think that I would like this one much better but to my surprise I found that I really loved this book. I found that Lola was a flawed but likable heroine and that Cricket was a very sweet and swoonworthy love interest and that I really loved the two of them together.
6. Splintered: I thought that I would like this book a lot more than I actually did because I thought the premise for this book sounded great but unfortunately I ended up not really liking any of the main characters so it made it hard to become invested in the story.
7. Miss Mayhem: I really loved Rebel Belle so I assumed that I would love this book just as much but I sadly found that I didn't love it as much although I still did like it this book didn't leave me eager to read the next book because I was worried that book would end up disappointing me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment