Sunday, September 10, 2017

TV Review: Shadowhunters: The World Inverted(1.10)

                                     Shadowhunters: The World Inverted(1.10)Review
  • I find it interesting that the seelies have their own realm that they live in that is connected to the regular world and has connections to other dimensions.
  • I liked how Melrion said that Izzy was clearly the smart one in the family after Jace admitted to never really thinking about how portal shards work.
  • I find the concept of having to go to another dimension to find the last remaining portal in said dimension in order for Clary to be able to find Valentine because said portal would work differently than regular ones to be an interesting one.
  • I like that even though Alec suspects that Izzy was in on the same plan Jace and Clary were to save Melrion that he doesn't seem to be mad at her even though she is a bit mad at him and instead his main concern is about whether or not there is any evidence that could get her arrested.
  • I like that Jace is suspicious of Melrion in this episode because throughout the series seelies have shown themselves to very sneaky so it's for the best to be weary of them even when their helping you and especially when they aren't getting anything in return.
  • I find it interesting that the alternate dimension is basically a world in which demons have been around for centuries and therefore shadowhunters are all living as mundanes since they have no reason not to and the downworlders are conforming to mundane way of life as well, I think that it's fun to see what life could've been like for these characters in a world without demons.
  • I find it interesting that when Clary travels to the other dimension that she well be placed in the body of her alternate self and that she could easily become her alternate self and loose this world's version of herself forever if she doesn't keep herself focus on the task at hand which is an interesting take on dimension hopping that I haven't seen before.
  • I felt bad for Simon when he went to visit Luke at the Jade Wolf and found that all the werewolves other than Luke now hate him for being a vampire.
  • I liked how Simon told Luke that Raphael isn't the most patient trainer and that he told Simon to go for a walk because he got tried of training him.
  • I like how Simon describes become a vampire like going through puberty for a second time and I like that Luke tells him it's sort of the same for new werewolves so he promises to do his best to help Simon out.
  • I liked that when Clary was worrying about traveling between dimensions that she asked Jace how much they really know about that and he tells her a little bit and she points out that he's not being all that reassuring.
  • I like that Clary makes Melrion promise that he'll allow Jace to go between dimensions once she finds the portal because she'll need help when facing Valentine.
  • I liked that when Clary got to the alternate dimension that when she saw the alternate version of Valentine she demand he tell her where her mother is while holding up a butter knife. I like that alt Valentine thought she was cosplaying and he tells her that he really wants to go to one of those conventions one day but alt Jocelyn tells him that he's not allowed to do so.
  • I like that alt Magnus's commercial for tarot card readings is so over the top cheesy and  I like that seeing it makes Clary remember who she really is.
  • I liked that Lydia told Alec she was sorry before she had to arrest Izzy and honestly I kind of can't blame her for it because Izzy did commit high treason so the Clave is well within their rights to arrest her for it.
  • I actually disagree with Izzy when she says that Lydia hides behind the law because she hates downworlders because we literally have no evidence that Lydia hates downworlders other than the fact that she followed orders given to her like she legally had to do and I really like how Lydia told Izzy that she doesn't hide behind the law she simply follows it which is something Izzy doesn't do which is the reason she's being arrested.
  • I liked that when Clary saw alt Simon that she tried to get him out of the sun right away because she knows in her dimension that he's a vampire.
  • I find it a bit funny that alt Izzy has a crush on Valentine which it seems that no one other than alt Alec knows about.
  • I'm not surprised that Clary almost lost herself again when she and alt Jace where kissing because that is something that would be hard to resist.
  • I like that Simon and Izzy are dating in the alternate dimension and I think that seem really cute together.
  • I like that Luke told Simon that Clary will be okay because she is a fighter just like her mom is so she'll make sure she'll get back to them.
  • I like that Luke reminds Simon that he can't go back home until he gets his vampire urges under control.
  • I think it's interesting that demons are attracted to the alternate dimension because it is a peaceful one.
  • I like that is surprised that alt Magnus has two cats and that gets her to remember that she's not in her own dimension.
  • I like that at first alt Magnus doesn't believe Clary when she tells him that she's a shadowhunter from another dimension and that she has to draw a picture of a demon to convince him that she's telling the truth.
  • I find it interesting that alt Magnus's magic isn't working because he no longer uses it.
  • I like that Alec came up with the idea to trade the cup in order to get the charges against Izzy dropped because there is really is no way around the fact that Izzy is guilty of the crimes they are accusing her of so the best way to save her is to get the charges dropped all together.
  • I like that alt Magnus is able to wake up his magic to help Clary be touching the portal shard necklace that traveled to the alt dimension with her and I like that he tracked the portal to the institute.
  • I like that Alec is mad at Jace for stealing the cup from him because it's the only thing that can save Izzy and he believes that Jace has not only put Izzy in danger by taking it but also the entire shadow world.
  • I like that Alec is perfectly willing to risk is parabatai bond with Jace if it means keeping Izzy safe.
  • I like that Simon pretends to be behind the demonic murders in order to clear Luke's name with internal affairs.
  • I liked that alt Jace was so adorably nervous when he met Clary's father and I feel a bit bad for him since Clary keeps blowing him off because she's from another dimension but he doesn't know that.
  • I think it was really bad timing that when Alec tracked Jace was one he was fighting off demons and that tracking made Jace unable to fight them and lead to a demon getting in the alternate dimension which is very bad.
  • I liked that alt Alec let alt Magnus into the party because he decided that he wanted to date him.
  • I liked that alt Magnus tries to remind Clary of who she really is by magically showing her his cats.
  • I like that when alt Jace sees a demon that Clary has to protect him from it and later on comfort him, it was nice to see a bit of a role reversal for these two.
  • I'm glad that Jace was able to come to the other dimension in order to help Clary fight off the demon.
  • I find it interesting that blood travels with a person when they travel between dimensions which is why when Jace is injured by a demon in alternate dimension he is still injured when he returns to his own dimension.
  • I felt bad for Alec and Izzy when he told her that he wasn't able to find Jace or the cup so he has no way of stopping her trial and I like that Izzy tells him that it's okay she knows he did everything he could for her.
  • I find it interesting that Clary and Jace find someone who appears to be Jace's father while looking for Valentine.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment