Sunday, September 10, 2017

TV Review: Shadowhunters: Blood Calls to Blood(1.11)

                             Shadowhunters: Blood Calls to Blood(1.11)Review
  • I thought Jace being confused about how his father is still alive after he saw Valentine murder him years ago and I like that he was a little hesitant to believe he was really who he said he was until he mentioned a specific memory that they shared.
  • I feel bad for Izzy that she's being used as a scape goat for the Clave since they want the cup but I don't think her just completely giving up is going to help matters so I'm really glad that Alec is still trying to find ways to stall the trial or find someone who can help her get the charges dropped.
  • I liked that Luke is still helping Simon to adapt to his new life of being a vampire by trying to make him feel more normal about drinking blood.
  • I liked that Clary brought Jace to Luke when she didn't where to take him after seeing that Jace needed to go somewhere to recover from his wounds.
  • I like that Luke was shocked to see Michael as well since he too thought that he was killed by Valentine years ago.
  • I like that Simon blackmailed Raphael in order to get Clary the blood that Jace needed for a transfusion and I like that Raphael seemed both annoyed and impressed by how Simon blackmailed him.
  • I dislike how Imogen wanted to make the trial happen as soon as possible despite the fact what the Clave really wants is the cup which they won't get by prosecuting Izzy.
  • I dislike how Imogen keeps shaming Lydia and then she pretends to act confuse when Lydia says sorry which is something that it seemed like she wanted Lydia to tell her.
  • I like that Clary finds it odd how Michael says that Valentine asked him about Jocelyn despite the fact that Valentine has believed for years that she was dead.
  • I like that Clary brings up to Jace that she thinks that there's something off about his father and I like that she also brings up how messed up it was that his father killed his falcon when he was a child although Jace claims that's a perfectly normal way for a shadowhunter to treat their children a lesson, Clary and I aren't convinced.
  • I like how Clary was thinking about how her and Jace's alternate selves were in love and she's wondering if they are on their way to being in love as well and I really enjoyed the passionate kissed they shared after that conversation.
  • I find it a bit suspicious just how much Michael was able to find out about Valentine's current plans while he was held prisoner.
  • I like that Clary was able to convince Jace that he needed to rest and that her and Luke went to scout the location rather than her and Jace.
  • I liked that after Izzy declared that she would rather by stripped of her runes than he be part of a society that values law over justice that Alec told her that this sentiment won't mean much to her when she's being chased by demons without shadowhunter powers or weapons that would help her fight them.
  • I like that Izzy wants to have Magnus to be the one to defend her in court and I like that when Alec assumes that a downworlder can't defend a shadowhunter that Magnus points out that they can because the Clave didn't bother to discriminate against them because the idea that a shadowhunter would want a downworlder to defend them was just too unfathomable for them.
  • I liked that when Magnus jokingly told Alec that the price he'd have to pay would be himself that Alec didn't take the remark seriously for a second.
  • I think that the reason that Magnus decides that the payment should be Alec's bow and quiver is because he knows Alec values it and he wants to hurt Alec just a tiny bit since Alec has broke his heart a little bit.
  • I like that Clary tells Luke that she thinks that something is off about Michael and I like that Luke actually gives Clary more information that makes her doubt Michal's story.
  • I find it very concerning how Michael keeps telling Jace that he let himself become weak and that he tries to convince Jace that his relationship with Clary is part of the reason that he's weak because he doesn't like that Clary has a sway over Jace, so many things about the way that Michael is written tells us that he's abusive.
  • I find it interesting it's implied that the soul sword could kill a downworlder if they lie while touching it.
  • I don't think that Magnus's arguments about why Izzy shouldn't be on trial were invalid like Imogen said they were but they were ones that the Clave doesn't like since they don't care much about downworlders safety and they don't like having to admit that they're just trying to get the cup.
  • I really liked Izzy speech about how the Clave isn't all that different from Valentine with how little they value the life of downworlders and how she thinks it's important for them all to remember that they are also part human.
  • I like that when Clary revealed her plan to use the cup to control the demons and Michael said that is what Valentine would want that she said that she'd like to see him try and take it from her.
  • I liked that Luke ended up fighting some circle members with seperah blade even though he's no longer a shadowhunter.
  • I was so happy for Clary when she finally found her mom but I was sad for her when she realized that she couldn't wake her up.
  • I like that when Jace and Michael arrive and tell Clary that they left Luke behind because he told them to that Clary was very much concerned about Luke's safety.
  • I like the speech Lydia gave about how she doesn't think the law is right in this case because they are punishing Izzy for being compassionate and I like that this leads Lydia to dropping the case against Izzy.
  • I like that Izzy, Alec, Magnus and Lydia were all happy and celebrating after Lydia dropped the charges.
  • I dislike how Imogen said that Lydia refusing to prosecute Izzy won't stop the Clave from finding Izzy guilty and that she admits that the only reason they're charging Izzy is because they want the cup, there is a lot wrong with the Clave's legal system which is shown very clearly here.
  • I wasn't all that surprised when it turned out that Michael was actually Valentine using the shape shifter rune but I did feel bad for Jace when he found out.
  • I love that Clary figured out that Michael was Valentine and that she gave him a fake cup so that he would reveal himself to them and I like that Clary was completely willing  to have the demons finish Valentine off right there but Jace insisted that he kill Valentine himself.
  • I felt so bad for Jace when Valentine was telling him that he was the one that raised him while pretending to Michael Wayland and I think it's extra awful of him to convince Jace and Clary that their siblings but I understand why Valentine did it since he's an abuser he thought that Clary's influence over Jace might make his own influence weaker so he made sure to create a wedge between the two of them.
  • I get why Jace was unable to kill Valentine since he is the man that raised him and I hated how Valentine taunted him for it but I still really wish that Jace could have killed him there and then.
  • I like that Clary was perfectly willing to kill Valentine and that the only reason she didn't was because he used Jace has a human shield before escaping through a portal.
  • I like that although Alec is clearly furious with Jace that he tried to avoid any kind of confrontation with Jace until Jace insisted that they have one.
  • I dislike how Jace tries to tell Alec that he was saving him from himself when he saved Melrion from being tortured because that's not why he did what he did, he did it for Clary and Alec knows this so he makes it clear that he doesn't buy into Jace's reasoning.
  • I like that for once Alec tells Jace that he's mad at Jace for the things that he is doing for Clary and that this time he's blaming Jace and not Clary for them.
  • I think that it was such a low blow for Alec to refer to Izzy as his sister rather than their sister to Jace and I think that Alec meant it as one.
  • I like that Clary was trying to ignore the awkward we're siblings now thing but wondering about how they are going to wake her mom up.
  • I find it very concerning that Jace is referring to himself as weak like the way that Valentine was earlier in the episode.
  • I liked that Magnus told Izzy that he's sorry that they lost the trial and I like that Izzy then tells him that at least they lost it in style.
  • I liked that when Alec came in and told Izzy that Jace and Clary returned with the cup so she's free now that Izzy run up and hugged him and she told him that he knew that they would come back and he tells her he didn't know he just hoped.  I just really love the hug that Alec and Izzy shared they're so sweet and love each other so much.
  • I liked that Magnus told Alec that if he marries Lydia that they will both be lonely all their lives and that neither of them deserve that and neither does he, I liked that Magnus pointed out to Alec that he wouldn't just be ruining his own life because Alec clear doesn't put much stock in his own happiness so telling him that what he's doing will hurt other people is more likely to get to him.
  • I found the scene where Simon is trying to tell Luke that Clary is into Jace and not him to Luke to be somewhat confusing because it sounded like for a second that he was saying that he was in love with some guy because of the way he worded things.
  • I think it's a little weird how happy Simon  is to learn that Jace is Clary's brother because he's got to know that Clary must be feeling really uncomfortable right now since she was dating Jace.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment