Saturday, May 31, 2014

TV Review: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Beginning of the End(1.22)

                             Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Beginning of the End(1.22)Review
  • I find it interesting that the centipede soldiers are controllers seem to be only be controlling the soldiers is because their loved ones are being held captive and this is the only way to insure their safety.
  • I find it interesting that Fitz said that he spent quite awhile trying to figure out why they sunk which implies that it's common knowledge that med pods float which would imply that Ward wasn't trying to kill them at all but just get them off the plane which should've been safer for them.
  • I liked how when Simmons first wakes up she is just so happy that both her and Fitz are still alive until Fitz starts to explain that they can't find a way out that would do them any good since they're in the middle of the ocean with no one looking for them although Fitz to did try to make a distress beacon but since it's a S.H.I.E.L.D. frequency nobody's listening. It was also just pretty sad to see Simmons come to the realization that they were going to die and Fitz had already resigned himself to their death's.
  • I liked how Ward mentioned in this episode that him and Garrett were only ever working with Hydra in order to use their resources and that Ward really wants their alliance with them to come to an end.
  • I find it frightening how much more unhinged Garrett has become since taking the serum to the point that Ward is really worried about him and I also find it interesting that Garrett now seems to be able to see the truth of things or something and that Raina asks him what she will become.
  • I liked how Fitz and Simmons talked about what they thought happens after death, I like how Fitz mentions that his mom always said that after death is just like before life and I like how Simmons started talking about the scientific theory were no new energy is created but rather it just changes form and her and Fitz start talking about at the same time, I also liked that Simmons mentions that even though their energy will create new life that their just as terrified to die as ever. I also liked how Simmons mentions how it's fitting that they'll die were all life began.
  • I liked how Simmons figured out that they could burn the seal of the med pod and that they could use something in order to propel themselves to the surface fairly quickly, I loved how they briefly jumped up and down in excitement when they realize they didn't have to die.
  • I really enjoy Coulson and Trip's relationship I think that they would make good friends.
  • I liked how pretty much everyone was completely horrified of Garrett's behavior when he killed that one military guy.
  • I like that Ward can see that Garrett has completely lost his mind but I'm sad that this still isn't enough for him to abandon him no matter how unhappy with him he is.
  • I like how Raina pointed out to Ward that she isn't the one that follows Garrett that's him and that she just happens to agree with him.
  • I'm very curious about what Raina was talking about when she was saying that the world was going to change and something to do with evolution was important and that Skye was going to be a big part of that.
  • I like how Raina mentions that Skye is all Ward ever really wanted but I also like and am sad about how when Raina tells Ward that he could have her that Ward tells her she must really be crazy because Skye hates him and thinks he's a monster, I like it because it shows that ward really doesn't think he stands a chance with Skye and that it's clear this makes him sad.
  • I like how Raina questions Ward if he's really a monster or if he's just what Garrett made him and I'm sadden by how Ward doesn't know because he has no really clue about who he really is.
  • I really don't like how Raina tried to convince Ward that maybe he could have Skye because he really needs to stop trying to not really choose anything and this just encourages that.
  • I like how Skye and May take over the centipede soldiers station.
  • I find it so very sad that how Ward is basically begging Garrett to give him orders because he has no idea what to do without them and I find it sad that even though Ward does want Skye he doesn't do anything about it until Garrett orders him to go get her.
  • I love and was heartbroken by how Fitz insisted that Simmons would be the one that use the breathing device and how he couldn't live with himself if she died and Simmons tried to refuse because she didn't want to have to live in a world without him either. I loved how Simmons broke down crying and hugged Fitz and kissed him all over his cheeks.
  • I loved how Simmons told Fitz how he was her best friend in the world and how Fitz told her that she was more than that but he could never find the courage to tell her so he wants to be able to show her instead and then he pressed the button and the way that she screamed no was so very heartbreaking and I loved how she dragged Fitz's body with her to the surface.
  • I'm so glad that Fury showed up and rescued Simmons and Fitz, I'm really worried about Fitz since we don't see him for the rest of the episode and no one really says how bad he is but he's alive so I'm really thankful for that.
  • I pretty much agree with Skye that it's pretty sad that Ward ended betraying the only people that ever really cared about him and that he is more weak than evil.
  • I find it sad that Ward admits that he hadn't wanted anything for himself in a very long time before Skye because it just doesn't seem healthy to never want anything for yourself ever.
  • The fight between May and Ward was very aggressive and had a pretty different vibe than most fights on the show.
  • I like how Fury showed up to help to help Coulson to take Garrett down and I really enjoyed how Fury and Coulson commented on how crazy Garrett has become.
  • I liked that it was confirmed that Ward was never on top because I always suspected this but it's nice to have confirmation.
  • I like how Skye had hacked into Mike and was able to communicate with him and when she had made sure that his son was safe and that she gave a message him a message and that Mike ended up defeating Garrett after this.
  • I really disliked that Ward was physically unable to speak during the last scene even though I don't feel like he would say anything even if he could speak.
  • I really hate how Coulson tells Ward that he's going to find new ways to ruin his life and that he's going to psychologically and physically torture him because Ward's life has been hell basically he's been abused for his entire life and it seems completely unnecessary to torture him considering that Ward would be miserable enough without it considering not only did he loose the team but also he not only did he loose Garrett but he also has to face that he never cared for him at all. Also Ward has been trained to withstand torture so torturing him for information will be useless.
  • On the other hand I do like that Ward is somehow in Coulson's custody and he brings up that Ward has to figure out who he is without Garrett because I feel like this implies that Ward will get a redemption arc someday and in all honesty that's what I want most out of the show at them moment.
  • I thought it was nice how Fury told Coulson that he thought of him as an avenger and that he wanted Coulson to be the new director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and to rebuild the whole organization.
  • I'm worried about Coulson creating strange writings at the end of this episode much like Garrett did at the beginning of this episode.
  • I'm curious about what Skye's parents are and I'm worried about how Raina showed one of  Skye's parents a picture of her so that they could have a chance to find her.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment