Friday, May 26, 2017

TV Review: Sweet/Vicious: Heartbreaker(1.07)

                                            Sweet/Vicious: Heartbreaker(1.07)Review
  • I found the flashbacks to before Jules was raped to be sad because she was so happy and carefree because we know what's going to happen to her soon and how she'll never be like that again.
  • I like that Ophelia is concerned about how Jules hasn't left her apartment for a week and I like that Ophelia invites Jules along to the celebration of her and Harris friendship that they do ever year as a way to cheer Jules up.
  • It's so very sad to see how much Jules trusted Nate before he raped her and how it was clear that he never deserved that kind of trust.
  • It was sad to see Jules deal with the direct aftermath of her rape with seeing her sneak back into her house as if she had something to be ashamed of, her being in denial first of what happened to her and eventually going to the student center for a rape kit.
  • I felt bad for Harris when he discovered that his story was pulled from the journal but I'm not surprised since the school is more worried about their image then reporting what is actually going on, on campus.
  • I liked that both Jules and Harris told Ophelia to not keep blowing off Evan since she clearly likes him and obviously he likes her too but Ophelia keeps denying that she cares about him.
  • I like that the nurse that helps Jules with the rape kit tells her that she should talk to someone about what happened to her.
  • I like that Ophelia was worried about Jules drinking since she knows that Jules is dealing with a lot right now and drinking will only make things worse for her.
  • I found it sad how things became awkward between Jules and Kennedy right after Jules was raped and how Jules feels so guilty about what happened that she can't face Kennedy.
  • I found it sad that the weeks following the rape that Jules would lay in bed and pretend to be sick in order to get out of going to things.
  • I like that Jules made Ophelia talk to Evan when they saw him in the bar and I like that Ophelia admitted to him that she does actually like him.
  • I was sad that Harris was fired from the law journal because he published his article on another site.
  • I hate that when Jules actually tried to report that Nate raped that the person just made the whole thing out to be Jules fault somehow.
  • I was sad for Jules when after she saw Nate and his friends walk into the bar while she was already drunk and then she decides that she's going to take him down in the bathroom of the bar this plan of action is one that is full of desperation and is extremely reckless.
  • I'm glad that Ophelia was able to talk Jules out of taking down Nate right then and there and I like that Ophelia told Jules to go to group and actually talk about what happened to her rather than just listen to others.
  • I dislike that Tyler has figured out that his brother is most likely missing rather than on the run from the law.
  • I like that the episode ended with Jules finally going to group to talk about what happened to her.
Please tell him your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment