Saturday, November 5, 2016

TV Review: Timeless: The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln(1.02)

                           Timeless: The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln(1.02)Review
  • I felt bad for Lucy that when she told the people in charge of the time traveling operation didn't seem to care that are sister was erased from existence and weren't willing to look into what could have happened to her. I did like that Wyatt stood up for Lucy even though he was also ignored.
  • I'm curious about who or rather what written house is considering Flynn mentioned them several times and they are also the ones that Rufus's boss is giving the recordings to that he makes Rufus take of Lucy and Wyatt.
  • I liked that the girl that Rufus had a crush on told Lucy that she would look into what could have changed that might have made her sister disappear from existence.
  • I liked that Wyatt told Lucy that he was sorry that she lost her sister, I liked that he treated hearing about sister ceasing to exist as if she had died because he understands that she loss someone she loved in a way that could very well be permanent.
  • I liked that even though time traveling has messed up her life that Lucy still was a bit in odd of seeing the fireworks on the day that Civil War ended.
  • I liked that when one of the black soldiers found out that Rufus could write well that he asked him to write an add in the paper so that he could find his family so that he could start a better life with them now that they were free.
  • I liked that Lincoln's son developed a bit of a crush on Lucy and that this ended up allowing her to get close enough to the big events in this episode so that history could be preserved.
  • I liked that Rufus brought up the idea that maybe they should just kill Booth so that they could prevent not only three people that weren't suppose die from dying but also Lincoln from dying and how him living might have improved history especially that of his people. I liked that when Lucy was arguing to preserve history that Wyatt told her that he agrees with Rufus on this.
  • I liked that the main thing that Flynn changed to make the plan to assassinate all four political figures is a success was to bring modern guns so the attempts were less likely to fail, I just like the simplicity in his plan.
  • I liked that Wyatt trust Rufus to get the bullet out of him because he knows that Rufus works with his hands although in a very different environment which Rufus points out and I liked that Wyatt tells him to just think him as a circuit board.
  • I find it interesting that Flynn is claiming that he didn't kill his family but rather that Written House did and that they framed him and that his messing up history has something to do with destroying them although Flynn is still doing plenty of bad things it seems that there are a few more layers to him then there originally appears to be.
  • I thought that it was a bit cold that Lucy implied that she so convinced that history shouldn't be altered that she would think it would be wrong to prevent the death of not just someone like Lincoln who was a very important historical figure but also Wyatt's wife Jessica who whether she lives or dies probably has little effect on any timelines.
  • I liked that Booth was so dedicated to the theatrical nature of his murder of Lincoln that he refused to use Flynn's gun.
  • I liked that Rufus asked that Lucy at least think about saving Lincoln because she was literally going to be in the same theater booth as him.
  • I liked that Lucy was clearly very emotionally effected by meeting Lincoln because she grew up admiring him.
  • I liked that when Rufus was doubting himself and saying that he wasn't a fighter at all so he was afraid he'd choke when trying to save the vice president that Wyatt told him that he has faith that Rufus will do what needs to be done because of the things he's seen that Rufus was brave enough to do in the past two episodes.
  • I liked when Rufus said that he was still scared that Wyatt told him that he wouldn't want to go into battle with him if he wasn't scared.
  • I liked that it was explained that the reason why Flynn took Booth's role in killing Lincoln was because Booth would have  needed to kill two people now instead of one and he refused to take a gun that held more than one bullet.
  • I liked that after Rufus saved the vice president that the man that had figured out earlier that he was only pretending to be a solider that he told Rufus that him saving the vice president makes him one in his eyes.
  • I liked at the last second Lucy did try to save Lincoln even though it was too late to save him by the time that she acted. I liked that Lucy was able to save Grant with the help of the other people in the box.
  • I found it a bit heartbreaking when Lincoln's son told Lucy that she did all she could to save his father because Lucy knows that isn't really true since she knew what was going to happen.
  • I liked that Rufus told the black solider that while things are going to be hard that they will eventually get better even though it doesn't seem like a real possibility anymore.
  • I liked that Lucy confessed to Wyatt and Rufus that even though she decided to let Lincoln died that at the last second she still tried to save him and that she learned that knowing that something happened and actually seeing someone get shot right in front of you are too very different things, I liked that Wyatt held her hand at the end of that scene.
  • I find it interesting that the reason Lucy's sister was erased from history and she wasn't is because a relative on her father's side married someone that would've died on the Hindenburg before they went back in time and that this means Lucy's mom lied about who are father really was her whole life.
  • I liked that Rufus told his boss that he wasn't going to spy on Lucy and Wyatt anymore because they are good people and his friends but I was sad that it looks like his boss just blackmailed Rufus into recording their conversations anyways.
  • I was sad that when the doctors asked who to call to pick Wyatt up that he said that he'd just call a cab.
  • I think that it must've been pretty awkward for Lucy to have to go through an engagement party for a man that it looks like she does even know while everyone else including the man she's engaged to think that she's in love with him.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment