Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Movie Review: Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List

                                             Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List Review
Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List is about two life long best friends who have always done everything together but now that they're in college things are starting to change in their friendship. Naomi(Victoria Justice) wants their friendship and her life in general to stay the way it has always been while Ely(Pierson Fode) is enjoying having experiences whether it be finally being able to hook up with guys or join a club at college, Ely embracing how their lives our changing is something that Naomi finds upsetting and it's one of the things that starts to drive a wedge between the two of them. Another thing that strains the friendship is Naomi despite having know for years that Ely is gay she is in love with him and therefore isn't really fully invested in her relationship with her boyfriend whom she refers to as Bruce 2.

This movie is overall a pretty fun film to watch and I found the characters engaging if not always likable and I found myself invested in their storylines and relationships. While I often found myself frustrated with Naomi with her hoping that Ely would see her in a romantic light even though she knows he's gay that was luckily something that Naomi was able to work through during her and Ely's falling out. I really like that both Naomi and Ely got to grow up a bit in this movie and I liked that they both also were able to develop meaningful relationships outside of each other before they made up towards the end. In the end I thought that this movie was one that had an odd story but good characters and actors that played them. Please tell me your thoughts on this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment