Wednesday, September 28, 2016

TV Review: How To Get Away With Murder: Hi, I'm Philip(2.08)

                        How To Get Away With Murder: Hi, I'm Philip(2.08)Review
  • I don't know what exactly was happening in the flash forward but tensions were high and it definitely made me very interested in whatever had just happened. I also found it interesting that the flash forward takes place three days from this episode.
  • I liked that Annalise sent her mom a picture of herself it was just a nice character moment.
  • I found the awkward semi-antagonistic tension in the Annalise and Nate scene to be intriguing but it also made me a bit uncomfortable which I think was the point. I liked that Nate told Annalise that she plays everyone and that she does it better than just about everyone else.
  • I'm glad that it seems like the Hapstall cousin doesn't want to kill Oliver but since he took him I'm still pretty worried about Oliver.
  • I liked that when Frank was made at Laurel for telling Annalise that Laurel called him out on his ego being bruised.
  • I liked that Annalise told Frank that he doesn't have much of any common sense in reference to the plan to lure out the Hapstall cousin.
  • I liked seeing how freaked out Connor is by the fact that Oliver is missing and I liked that he wanted to get the police involved because he feels like something terrible is going to happen to Oliver.
  • I like that Wes said the police were already there because Nate happened to be at Annalise's house and I liked that Connor gave him the short version of what had just happened.
  • I liked that Annalise agreed that it was best to call the police and then figure out a way later out of anything that Sinclair might cook up later on.
  • I liked that Oliver showed up right before they reported anything to the police and that it turned out that him and the Hapstall cousin Phillip just talked about the Hapstall case and since Oliver didn't know much about the case he wanted to talk to Annalise about it.
  • I'm worried about the possibility that Phillip may go to the police or sue Annalise for what they did to lure him out.
  • I liked that Connor told Oliver that he has to destroy his laptop now because if Phillip goes to the police his laptop would be enough prove to make sure he goes to jail.
  • I'm glad that Oliver was able get a sample of Phillip's DNA so that they could find out if he was lying about who his birth parents were and if he was the one that killed the Hapstall parents.
  • I liked that Annalise asked Laurel to be the new Bonnie while Bonnie is gone.
  • I like that Asher seems more upset that Bonnie might be hurting rather than the fact that she is ignoring him.
  • I liked that Annalise knew that Sinclair offering a plea deal to Caleb and Catherine is something that shows that Sinclair doesn't believe that she has a good enough case to beat Annalise in court.
  • I liked that Annalise sent Michaela over to talk Caleb into changing his mind about taking the plea deal and at the same time Catherine called Wes over to talk about whether or not they should take the deal.
  • I liked that one of the reasons that Wes told Catherine that she should take the deal is because he feels like he should have confessed to kill Sam because that way everyone else would have been past all of this rather than having it weighing on their shoulders constantly.
  • I liked that Asher figured out that Sinclair illegally sent over a wire tap along with all the paperwork that she sent over to Annalise's house.
  • I liked that Caleb took a plea deal in order to protect Catherine and that he was willing to serve thirty years in jail so that Catherine would serve zero.
  • I liked that Annalise was able to trick Sinclair into thinking that there was evidence to be found in the Hapstall basement when there wasn't anything actually there and the time it took to search the house took the plea deal of the table.
  • I liked that Nate made sure that Phillip's police report wouldn't be taken seriously by making it look like he has schizophrenia.
  • I liked that Catherine also took a plea deal behind Annalise's back to protect Caleb that would mean that she would serve ten years while Caleb would serve zero.
  • I liked that Laurel, Michaela, Connor and Asher all were trying to figure out a way to stop Catherine from plead guilty and remind each other how much time they have left.
  • I liked that Frank came through with getting the DNA results from Philip and the crime scene and they were a match so Catherine decided not to plead guilty in the end.
  • I liked that Annalise gave the DNA results directly to Sinclair rather than hiding them like Sinclair would have done and told her that Philip is a product of incest which means the Hapstall father was also Philip's father which gives him plenty of motive to kill him.
  • I kind of like Michaela and Caleb but I don't know how well they'll work out long term but for now I like them.
  • I liked that Connor had sex with Oliver in an empty class room at law school to give him the sense of adventure he's been longing for.
  • I was surprised that Annalise and Nate hooked up again but I also kind like it.
  • I'm surprised that there seems to be evidence that Catherine was involved in her parents murder with the hidden gun Caleb found in her art studio, the picture that Catherine painted in a picture in Phillip room and the fact that she and Phillip know each other.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment