Monday, September 5, 2016

Book Review: The Lying Game: Cross My Heart, Hope to Die

                                            Cross My Heart, Hope to Die Review
In the fifth book of The Lying Game series Emma spends the book suspecting that her birth mother Becky is the one who is responsible for murdering her twin sister Sutton. Emma learning about how Becky is mentally unstable and seems to know that she's Emma and not Sutton who she's pretending to be helps Emma to become more and more convinced that  Becky is the one that killed Sutton.

This book also had subplots that dealt with a new girl named Celeste who claimed that Emma's aura was different than the one Sutton's photograph had and since Emma's is put a bit on edge by these statements Emma and Sutton's friends decide to pull a lying game prank on her. Another subplot is that Thayer and Ethan are having a sort of rivalry over Emma, I call it only sort of a rivalry because Thayer is in love with Sutton and Ethan is in love with Emma.

Overall while I liked this book I wasn't as sucked in by the plot as I was with the past books and I'm not sure if that's because this book had less focused than the first four or if it's because I took a break from this series for such a long time. Please tell me your thoughts on this book in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment