Thursday, July 14, 2016

TV Review: How To Get Away With Murder: Meet Bonnie(2.05)

                          How To Get Away With Murder: Meet Bonnie(2.05)Review
  • I liked that in the flash forward that Bonnie was trying comfort Asher who was clearly distraught about whatever just happened.
  • I liked that the story Bonnie told Asher about her being the one that killed Sam was one that made her look very sympathetic with saying that Sam attempted to rape her and that she killed him in self defense.
  • I liked that after hearing Bonnie's take on what happened with Sam's murder that Asher was unable to go through with the deal of revealing Annalise's secrets because he was now unsure of what the right thing to do was.
  • I liked that Bonnie told Annalise and Frank what she had to tell Asher and how she believed that her plan would work.
  • I liked that Asher was upset with Annalise because he believes that she got Bonnie into trouble by not allowing her to call the police after she killed Sam to defend herself. I liked that Annalise told Asher that people are less likely to believe what a woman says over a man especially when that man can't speak for himself because he's already dead.
  • I really disliked that Sinclair petitioned to have the aunt's testimony still be part of the evidence for the Hapstall case at the very last minute so that Annalise wouldn't have time to fight against having it put into evidence. I did like that the judge allowed Annalise until the end of the day to make a case against having the evidence put back in.
  • For some reason I enjoyed Connor being somewhat self destructive since he believes it's only a matter of time before they go to jail and I liked that due to paranoia Laurel and Michaela also started to feel that way.
  • I liked that Asher end up asking Bonnie about the truth of what really happened the night that Sam died now that he believes she killed him and I was sad for Bonnie that she had to lie to him making it seem like he meant less to her than he does and covering up the part that the others played.
  • I was a bit upset by Frank and Annalise figuring out who Levi is because that's only going to prolong how long it takes for Wes to figure out what really happened to Rebecca.
  • I liked that Annalise told Nate out his wife really wanted from her in hopes that he would tell her what is going on with him and Wes. I'm also glad that Nate doesn't tell Annalise anything because he knows how dangerous trusting Annalise can be for him.
  • I felt bad for Caleb when he walked in and saw the tape of his aunt telling the police that him and his sister are pretty much sub human because of their race, that's something that must have hurt a lot to hear.
  • I felt bad for Asher when he found out that his father isn't helping him just to protect his son but more so to help himself.
  • I liked that when Oliver was telling Connor and Michaela that he feels like her practically works for Annalise because he hacks into stuff so often to help with her cases and I liked that Connor told him that he doesn't want to work for Annalise and I liked that Michaela agreed.
  • I liked that Connor told Oliver that he might be going to jail but that he couldn't tell him anything about it because him opening up this little bit to Oliver shows how much he means to him. I also liked that Connor told Oliver that he loved him and that he's the best part of his life.
  • I'm worried that the judge questioning where Annalise got the evidence of the deleted audio of the police video from will end up hurting not just her but possibly Oliver because it was obtained illegally.
  • I was upset that the audio evidence wasn't enough to get the aunt's testimony thrown out and I liked that Cathy questioned how the judge could be okay with any of this.
  • I liked that Wes stepped in when Levi was confronting the guy that worked in the grave yard before things got too out of hand.
  • I liked that Annalise confronting Nate about what is really going on was intercut with Michaela, Laurel and Connor confronting Wes about what he and Levi are up to, I thought these two scenes being cut together worked really well and upped the tension in both scenes.
  • I liked that Michaela found out that Levi is actually Rebecca's foster brother and I liked that everyone found out that Wes and him believe that Annalise might have killed Rebecca.
  • I liked that Annalise used the story Bonnie told Asher in order to give Nate a reason why she framed him. I also like that Annalise seems to really hate that she had to hurt him and that she doesn't want to hurt him or anyone else ever again, Nate forgiving her still makes perfect sense because she may not like hurting people like this but she doesn't seem to know how to stop.
  • I felt bad for Levi when he got arrested for drugs because Frank had planted drugs in the back of his car.
  • I felt bad for Wes when he was made to look crazy when all that they found in the storage unit was a suitcase full of money and no sign of Rebecca.
  • I liked that when Bonnie told Annalise that Asher was going to tell and that she'd take the fall for everything that Annalise didn't end up letting her and instead showed Asher something that would convince him not to tell the truth.
  • I felt really bad for Bonnie when it was revealed that her father molested her as a child and took video of it.
  • In the flash forward I'm curious as to why Bonnie's shirt is covered in blood and I'm worried about what crime Asher is reporting at the police station.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment