Tuesday, July 14, 2015

TV Review: Teen Wolf: Creatures of the Night(5.01)

                                          Teen Wolf: Creatures of the Night(5.01)Review
  • The episodes opens with a flash forward of Lydia being held at Eichen House which worries me a lot since nothing good ever happens there.
  • I'm curious as to how Lydia learned to fight and what exactly are the powers she seems to have developed are since they're clearly something we haven't seen before.
  • I wonder if Lydia is just seeing Aiden right before she is stopped from leaving Eichen House or if he's actually there either way he's clearly someone not to be trusted since he's helping to keep her there.
  • I'm really worried about everyone since Lydia says that all her friends are going to die and she needs to warn them.
  • In the present day of the show it opens with Stiles going over the plan he has to keep everyone together after they graduate with Scott. I liked that Stiles was so focused on what will happen after graduation while Scott is more concerned with just getting through senior year.
  • I liked how Scott told Stiles that he was worried that things were going to change pretty soon either for the better or the worse since things have been pretty much normal for so long. I also really like that Scott was the one that said really good and Stiles was the one that said really bad since Scott is an optimist and Stiles is a pessimist so I think there lines suited them very well.
  • I liked how when Stiles told Liam not to easy drop on their adult conversation that Liam pointed out that Stiles and Scott are only two years older than him.
  • I liked that Liam was chained to a tree because Stiles didn't trust him and Scott was worried about his ability to stay in control during the full moon since during the last one Liam run around naked and there were six calls made to the Sheriff's office about him.
  • I was worried for Parrish when he was attacked by a creature that had glowing claws and was covered in goo. Also I'm glad that when the creature asked where Scott was that Parrish refused to tell him.
  • I liked that Liam wanted to know what Scott and Stiles were going to be up to after they dropped him off and I liked that Stiles didn't want to tell him anything.
  • I liked that when Stiles had to pull over his jeep to fix it and Scott saw all of the duct tape in the hood that he kind of made run of Stiles for it but agreed that they would fix it.
  • I liked how Malia causal picked up a tree in front of her dad and neighbors and claimed it was just because she has strong legs.
  • I liked that we got to see a scene between Malia and her dad and I liked that it looked like the two of them have a pretty good relationship and that he's protective of her when it comes to boys.
  • I liked that it was addressed that Malia had to go to summer school and she was worried about whether or not she was able to pass and be able to become a senior this year.
  • I liked how Melissa went home and yelled at Scott about where he could find his dinner only for her to realize that he wasn't home because he would be a at school for senior scribe which is a tradition in Beacon Hills.
  • I liked that Kira was trying to find cell service by standing on top of a car while stuck in a traffic jam with her parents.
  • I liked that Kira both told her parents about senior scribe and that she couldn't tell them anything about because they aren't suppose to know about it, I just really like this family moment between the three of them.
  • I liked that when Liam told Scott that he was still struggle with control that Scott reassured him that he was still learning and that he is very strong.
  • I find it funny that both Stiles and Malia think that a boyfriend telling his girlfriend not to worry and have fun translates to it's okay to have sex with her guys, I think there minds work a little strangely with that one and it shows that they think alike which makes them a good match.
  • I'm curious about who that guy is that has a lot of prior runs with the law that the Sheriff said will now serve jail time because he seems like he'll be important later since he threatened to kill the Sheriff.
  • I think it's creepy that Parrish hallucinated Lydia almost kissing him since she's a teenager and he's an adult.
  • I liked that it was revealed that the Sheriff was keeping Parrish behind the desk because he didn't want to risk anything happening to him since he's something that no one understands.
  • I really loved Scott and Kira reuniting and kissing in the rain the two of them were completely adorable and so happy together.
  • I liked that Parrish warned the Sheriff and Melissa that Scott was in trouble and that Liam overheard and went right over to the school to warn the others about it.
  • I liked that Malia wasn't sure she wanted to take part in senior scribe unless she was really a senior.
  • I liked how Stiles told Malia about how he's worried that he and Scott and the rest of the pack may be friends now but might not be friends forever which is why senior scribe is so important to him and why he's so desperate to keep everyone together next year.
  • I liked that Malia told Stiles that she was all for the plan especially if it meant the two of them sticking together.
  • I liked that Kira's belt turns into a sword and liked seeing her and Scott fight the guy with glowing claws together.
  • I'm glad that the glowing claw guy was unable to steal Scott's power and Scott was able to take that guy down by breaking his claws and that he told the guy to run and he did.
  • I liked that Theo who is a werewolf who was friends with Scott and Stiles when they were in fourth grade helped Scott with glowing claw guy but I don't know how I feel about that guy yet but I do know that Stiles doesn't trust him.
  • I was happy that Malia found out that she would be a senior this year and I liked the little side hug her and Kira shared.
  • I liked that the pack minus Liam all gathered together to sign their initials on a library shelf for senior scribe.
  • I liked that Malia put down MT as her initials because it shows who she thinks of as her true father.
  • I liked that Scott put down both his initials and Alison's and I liked that when Stiles said she would be with them that Lydia said she still is.
  • I actually felt a bit bad for glowing claw guy when he was begging for his life from the guys in metal masks who are clearly up to no good and I found it freaky that ravens flew out of his chest after he died.
  • The episode ends in the flash forward and it's made clear that Aiden isn't alive but only in Lydia's mind.
  • The doctor guy keeps asking Lydia what happened to her friends and she claims she doesn't remember but we see flashes of things to come and none of them look good with what looks like Scott and Liam fighting, the Sheriff and Melissa fighting, Kira and Parrish both loosing control of their powers, Malia being in trouble when she finds the desert wolf and Stiles in a burning car crash.
  • I find it interesting that the doctor insisted that he knows Lydia remembers what happened to Stiles is this because she was there or because they have a stronger connection somehow.
  • I'm still very worried for Lydia since the doctor seems to plan to drill into her head and everyone else because those glimpses don't look good.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment