Monday, August 12, 2013

Top 10 Books set in Schools

1. Gallagher Girls: I love this fun action series that is set in a boarding school for teenage girl who are training to be spies. I feel that the school makes the books what they are with there assignments being used to further their own off the books investigations and the spy training is something that is very much ingrained in all of the main characters. I love all the books of this series I have read so far it's a series that can be a lot of fun but there are also shocking plot twists and real danger in the series as well.
2. Rosario+ Vampire: This is a series that I love a lot about an extremely average human boy who accidently finds himself going to a school for monsters. This series is one that starts off pretty humorous but as the series goes on it's clear that the series has a lot of heart and it also takes several dark turns at times as well.
3. Looking for Alaska: This is a lovely coming of age story about a boy named Pudge coming out of his shell a bit and making some friends that change his perspective on life. This book also deals with loss quite brilliantly and I really love the way that it is written and I really love the messages that come from this book in the end.
4. Secret Circle: This is a story about witches and high school basically and I really love that this series mixes the mean girls of high school with the fantastical element of magic. I love that magic in this series is used for petty things because that's the type of stuff real teenagers would do if they had magic. There's also some intriguing darker plots that develop as the series goes on that I enjoyed as well.
5. Gakuen Alice: This series is about a boarding school for people who have special abilities called Alices. This series actually has a good plot that can get surprisingly dark considering how old the main characters are. I really love the characters and the relationships in this series as well.
6. Shugo Chara: This series is a magical girl series that is set in high school and is about finding your true self. I love the magical girl genre in general and I especially love the characters in this one.
7. Hex Hall: This is a series about a boarding school for faries, shape shifters and witches, the series is great fun but it's also has a really intriguing plot as well and has more twists to the story then I was expecting. I also really love the friendship between Sophie and Jenna a whole lot.
8. The Lying Game: This is a series that is about an incredible cruel clique and a girl who is impersonating her dead twin while she tries to figure out who murdered her because her twin has a lot of enemies this makes the task very difficult.
9. Fruits Basket: This is my favorite series of all time and there's quite a bit of time spent in school in the series but a lot of time is spent in other places as well which is why the series is so low.
10. Cardcaptor Sakura: This is my favorite magical girl series lots of time spent in school but also other places but it's a great series either way.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these, but I've seen Hex Hall on a lot of lists this week. I'll have to check it out!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read Looking For Alaska, but MAN is that a good one. <3

    New follower via GFC!

    Here’s my TTT

    Stop by my giveaway if you have a moment!

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could I have forgotten Gallagher Girls??? *smacks head* It is such a good series! Ally Carter is a genius... I love your list!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only read Alaska from your list but I must admit I was a little disappointed by it. IMO the worst JG book.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *high five* for Gallagher Girls, Looking for Alaska and Hex Hall! :D There's a few I haven't heard of on here but I'll definitely look them up. I've been wanting to check out The Secret Circle books for a while :) great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent list. I've only read three of these, but loved them. I'll have to check out some of these other titles. I keep meaning to read the Gallagher Girl books, but somehow never get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am embarrassed to say there were several on your list that I have never even heard of. I will have to check them out! Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete