Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Top 10 Books that Intimidate me

1. Les Miserables: This book intimidates me because I have the unabridged version which is over a thousand pages long and the book is very descriptive so descriptive that I heard their were several pages devoted to a crack in the wall. I've wanted to read this book for along time since it always sounded interesting to me but I may just watch the movie instead because I've heard good things about it and some actors I really like are in it.
2. Gone with the Wind: This book is like 900 pages long so it intimidates me but I've heard it's good and since I loved the movie I think I'd probably like the book if I ever find time to read it.
3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: This book intimidates me because it's 870 pages long and even though I've read like 220 pages already Harry pretty much just arrived at Hogwarts so I feel like I haven't made any real progress yet. I really loved all that I read of the book so far and it's because of what I read so far that I love Luna and I know that in the end the book will be worth the effort because well it's Harry Potter and as much as I love the movies I know that the books are even better.
4. Pride and Prejudice: This book intimidates me because almost everyone who likes romance seems to love this book and the writing style also intimidates me. I've tried to read this book in the past but the writing style is much to dry for me and I didn't really like or care about any of the characters so I don't really see the point in making myself read the book.
5. A Song of Ice and Fire series: I've read and I loved the first book of the series and I'm reading the second book and I love the tv show as well but the series still intimidates me a bit do to how long it is but I still have every intention of reading all the books in the series.
6. Phantom of the Opera: I have a novel version of this and it was really boring but so many people seem to love this so I feel like I should read the book still.
7. Lola and the Boy Next Door: I'm intimidated by this book because everyone seems to love it and while from the things I heard I think I would love it to but I thought the same thing about Anna and the French Kiss, I actually didn't like Anna and the French Kiss because I hated St.Clair so I'm a bit afraid that I won't like Lola and the Boy Next Door even though everyone else does.
8.  If I Stay: I'm intimidated by this book because it's so popular and while half the time I think I'd love the book the other half I think I'd find the book boring.
9. The Wonderful land of Oz series: I've wanted to read this series since I've first heard about it but it intimidates me a bit because the series is 14 books long and it's extremely hard to find in stores and I'm not sure if I want to put that much effort into this series since I already do this with so many manga series.
10. Delirium: I feel like I should read this series but I also feel like I wouldn't like this series but a blogger that I really like loves this series so I really want to love this series as well.

4 comments:

  1. I'm intimidated by Les Mis too. But let's see...If I Stay and Delirium I listened to both recently and loved both. HP is a must. And I love P&P as well. And then I can definitely understand the length thing for ASoIaF...you'll get there.

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the exact same way when it came to P+P but one day I just took the plunge and it finally "clicked" for me. Don't give up yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the writing style of Pride and Prejudice intimidates you try starting with some of Austen's letters- there are some really good ones that are quite short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated Pride and Prejudice, so don't feel bad if you're the only one who doesn't like it. You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete