Monday, June 17, 2013

Top 10 Books I want to Read this summer

1. Looking for Alaska: I'm actually reading this book right now and I absolutely love it there's so many good quotes and I love the characters as well. This is only my second John Green book but I think this one may be my favorite but I'm not quite sure yet since I haven't finished it yet.
2. Cinder: This book sounds like a book that I would love and so many people recommend it and love it so it's been high on my to be read list for a long time so I want to actually read it this summer.
3. The Reckoning: I loved the first two books of The Darkest Powers series so I'm sure I'll love the exciting ending of the series and since I just bought the book that means I'm able to read it soon.
4. It's Kind of a Funny Story: I've actually read the first couple of pages of this book months ago and I loved it but I was reading a couple other books at the time so I haven't got back to reading it yet. I also watched the movie years ago and I loved it and since the book is usually better the movie that means I'll love the book even more.
5. The Mark of Athena: I loved the first two books in the Heroes of Olympus series and I see no reason why I wouldn't love this book as well so I'm looking forward to reading this book.
6. Manic Pixie Dreamgirl: I've just bought this book after reading what it was about in the book store it sounded exactly like the kind of book I would love so I'm really excited to read this one. I haven't heard anyone else mention anything about this book so I'll be going into it pretty much blind so that's something I find really cool as well.
7. Forever: I loved the first two books of the Wolves of Mercy Falls series and I love all of the many characters so I'm excited and a little nervous about seeing how their stories are going to end. I own this book already which is good because that means I can start it at anytime I want to. I really hope that the last book is as good as Linger which is my favorite book in the series so far which I hear isn't exactly a popular opinion but I really enjoyed the way the characters were handled in it so I hope that continues in the last book.
8. If I Stay: I hear great things about this book and it's been on my to be read list for awhile now and I hear it's sad and sometimes I really enjoy crying about books or fiction in general. I own this book already but I'm not exactly excited about reading it but I have a feeling that I'll end up enjoying it.
9. Demonglass: I loved Hex Hall so much and the end had a good number of twists to it so I'm really looking forward to the next book of the series. The only reason this book is so far down on the list is because I don't actually own the book yet.
10. Catching Fire: I feel that I need to read the book before I see the movie and since Jena Malone is in the movie I'm actually looking forward to movie since she's one of my favorite actresses but I'm not exactly look forward to the book because while I liked the Hunger Games I didn't love it and I don't feel the need to go back to that world and spend more time with the characters.

13 comments:

  1. Great top ten! Catching Fire is amazing:)

    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved If I Stay - I hope you'll enjoy it too!

    My (first!) TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You haven't read Catching Fire?! Ah, get on it! And I want to reread the Darkest Powers books this summer, and I love the Wolves of Mercy Falls. Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Looking For Alaska; John Green is an awesome author. Cinder is also great! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the exact same way about If I Stay and Cinder. I've read both Mark of Athenea and Catching Fire and they're amazing! And I really wanted to read The Darkest Powers but I'm not much into ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Hex Hall books - they're such good fun! I hope you enjoy 'Demonglass'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Numbers 1, 5, and 10 are musts! Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cinder and The Mark of Athena are SO good! Hope you enjoy them! :) Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cinder was a good read for me, even though it was outside my reading comfort zone genre-wise.

    I actually liked Catching Fire more than The Hunger Games. It totally changes things up and the stakes are so much higher!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my list earlier :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gahh Catching Fire is fantastic. I have got to read The Mark of Athena soon as well!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great List!! I can't believe you haven't read Catching Fire. That is my favorite book in the series. I haven't read the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, but it has been on my TBR list for a while.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally recommend Cinder and Catching fire!! I would re-read them. Thanks for stopping by my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Catching Fire has very exciting twists. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete