Sunday, May 29, 2011

Book Review: The Secret Circle: The Captive

                                                The Secret Circle: The Captive Review

The Captive is the second book in the Secret Circle series and I think this book is even better then the first one. In this book Cassie is basically forced to everything Faye tells her to do because Faye knows about the kiss Adam and Cassie shared towards the end of the first book. In this book we also learn about what is causing the mysterious deaths and how they’re related to the crystal skull as well as what happened to cause most of the circle’s parents to die years ago. Overall I felt that a lot happened to move the plot along and the plot had good pacing.

My favorite characters are still Faye and Diana. I like Faye because she’s mysterious, dark and alluring as well as manipulative which I always seem to like in fictional characters and I in this book we got to see a lot more of Faye because of her using Cassie to get what she wants. I like how in control Faye seems to be and I also liked that she has vampire kittens. I like Diana for being so nice, overly trusting and good as well as having moonlight hair. I also liked seeing more of the power struggle between them in this book as well as their friendship with Cassie. This book also made me really like Deborah because it showed how strong and brave she was with her chasing the dark power/ghost after Jeffery’s murder and when she went into Cassie’s house when the spirit of Black John was there. I also really like Sean just because he seems super friendly and kind of adorable I liked him in the first book as well but forgot to mention him.



Overall I really liked the book and since the book ended on a bit of cliffhanger I can’t wait to read the next book which truthfully I already started to. I’m also glad that the series decided to hold out on dealing with the love triangle stuff until the next book. I would like to now your thoughts on the book so please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment