Saturday, September 15, 2018

Top 5 Hidden Gem Books

1. Highly Illogical Behavior: This book is one that is about a high school boy who hasn't left is house in years because of his social anxiety this book as a really interesting story and interesting characters and the writing style that this book had made this book a really fast read. I read this book last year and became a fan of it right a way but I haven't really seen many other people talking about this book.
2. Reading in the Dark: This is a book that I read quite a few years ago that has always left a big impression on me, it's a historical novel about a family that has a bunch of dark secrets and how the son discovers them and this leads to an emotional distance developing between himself and his family that he can never fill gap without destroying his family in the process. I don't recall ever seeing anyone else talking about this book so I think that makes this book very underrated.
3. Linger: While Shiver the first book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series was fairly popular when it first came out it always seemed like the sequel books in the series were something that people never cared much about and well Linger the second book in the series has become one of my favorite books of all time. I love Linger for being an interesting take on what happens after happily ever after with the way it deals with how Sam feels now that he's no longer has to become a wolf but still has to deal with the trauma he endure because of him being a wolf before. I loved being the ever self destructive Cole St. Clair and I loved the relationship that he develop with Isabel and I like Isabel getting more development after the first book as well. While this book isn't one I consider a hidden gem because no one read but because no one really gave this book a chance to be anything but yet another paranormal romance that came out during a time when it seemed like almost every YA book that was coming was one.
4. Sinner: This book is the fourth book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series and since it came out much later than the first three books of a series I feel like a lot of fans didn't read this book because they were done with this series by the point this book came out but this book is surely worth revisiting the series for. This book is one that is about Cole and Isabel living their lives in LA and since their stories were pretty unfinished at the end of the original trilogy this book is a welcome addition to the series.
5. The Looking Glass Wars Trilogy: This series is my personal favorite retelling of Alice in Wonderland and it's also one of the retellings that I hear the least about which is a shame because I really liked how they played around with the story and gave the series a much better leading romance and villain than any other retelling ever has.

No comments:

Post a Comment