Saturday, August 27, 2016

Book Review: Rebel Belle: Miss Mayhem

                                                           Miss Mayhem Review
Miss Mayhem is the second book in the Rebel Belle and it starts off several months after the first book and shows how Harper is dealing with both dating and protecting David and how sometimes those two things don't work as well together as she hopes they would. Harper also as to deal with the add weirdness of her ex-boyfriend Ryan being the new mage and being her partner in keeping the oracle, David safe. Early on in the book Harper is told that she would have to go through trials to prove that she is the one that is best suited for the job of protecting David and most of the book seems to be leading up to those trials.

This book is one that I didn't enjoy as much as the first one it felt a lot less fun and interesting than the first book did which is a problem for me. In this book I felt like Harper was a bit too controlling of what she thought David's life should be and I thought that she crossed a pretty big line of trust in their relationship so when her and David broke up I side with him rather than her which is something that took away from my enjoyment of the book. I also felt like Harper seemed to resent David being the oracle and the role she was assigned with being his protector because he made her life less normal and this just bothered me because when you really think about it David as a lot less people in his life than Harper does her not wanting to be around him because he's the oracle doesn't really endear me to her. I just felt like while both Harper and David's life were turned upside in the last book David ended up with less than Harper. Harper still has her parents and her aunts while David now lives alone because the only parental figure he had ever owned was murdered last book; Harper has a best friend and an ex-boyfriend who she seems to be friends with that now about the supernatural while David's friends are completely clueless. In general I didn't like how Harper and David's relationship was portrayed from Harper's side for most of the book and I also felt like there wasn't enough David in general.

Overall I thought the book was good but that the first one was much better although I really do hope that this isn't the last book in the series because I feel like there's a lot more story left to tell and I hope that story will remind me more of the first book in the series. Please tell me your thoughts on this book in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment