Friday, March 4, 2016

TV Review: How to Get Away With Murder: The Night Lila Died(1.14)

                          How to Get Away With Murder: The Night Lila Died(1.14)Review
  • I liked that when Wes started jumping to conclusions about Rebecca being the one that killed Lila that Laurel talked him out of confronting Rebecca because she recognized that they didn't have any real proof of anything yet and because she knows that Rebecca could turn on them if they accuse her of this regardless or whether or not she did kill Lila.
  • I liked how tensioned filled the scene between Wes and Rebecca was when Rebecca was trying to figure out what Wes is keeping from her and he was pretending everything was fine.
  • I felt really bad for Rebecca in the flashback to the night that Lila died when Lila insulted her and told her that she wasn't really her friend that she actually pitied Rebecca because even though I know that Lila was going through a lot at the time it really wasn't fair for her to be so cruel to Rebecca who was just trying to be her friend.
  • I liked the scene where Connor and Oliver were making out before Oliver said that he thought that the two of them should get tested for stds that kind of killed the mood but I do think that it's a smart decision on Oliver's part.
  • I found it interesting that Annalise's client this week was a priest that killed another priest because he found out that the other priest was molesting a boy who killed himself a couple months earlier.
  • I liked that Wes was determined to find out the truth about whether or not Rebecca killed Lila but I also liked that Laurel was telling him that no good will come out of finding out the truth.
  • I liked that Michaela noticed that Wes and Laurel were hiding something from the rest of them.
  • I felt bad for Connor when he was getting tested for stds because the whole experience just made him feel like a slut for sleeping with so many people and then made him paranoid about the fact that he could have something.
  • I wasn't surprised that Annalise had Nate beaten in hopes that this would get him out on bail but I was surprised that this didn't end up working in her favor.
  • I liked that when they used Asher to talk to the judge for Nate's case in order to get the judge thrown off the case that Bonnie felt bad about this because Asher is the only one in this who is truly innocent.
  • I found it interesting that the priest would rather go to jail than listen to the woman he loves tell the court that they had sex(it's somewhat unclear if that's a lie or not) because it goes against his morals.
  • I liked that Michaela confronted Wes and Laurel about what secret they were keeping and demand to know where Rebecca was after they told her what was going and that the three of them and Connor then went on and confronted Rebecca. out of jail.
  • I like that Nate doesn't really want anything to do with Annalise after everything she put him through but I do think that he should call the number Annalise gave him because if there's one thing that Annalise knows how to do it's keep people
  • I feel like based off of what is shown in the flashback that Rebecca didn't kill Lila but she did of sex with Griffin both because she wanted to hurt Lila and because she wanted her to see what kind of guy Griffin is. I think that when she went to the sorority house that night she went to try to make things right with Lila not to kill her.
  • I liked that Rebecca made sure to track down the only witness that could put the others at the crime scene so that even if they all turned against her she will have some leverage to use against them.
  • I really don't think taking Rebecca hostage is the best plan but I think we're probably suppose to think of that as a bad plan since they called Annalise because they clearly have no idea about what they should do with her.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment