Thursday, November 19, 2015

TV Review: How to Get Away With Murder: Hello Raskolnikov(1.10)

                           How to Get Away With Murder: Hello Raskolnikov(1.10)Review
  • I liked how see Annalise telling her story about what happened the night of the murder to the investigators while showing us clips of what actually happened. This scene both shows how brilliant and scary Annalise is for the way she's able to tell that story so convincingly.
  • I liked that we saw more of the scene with Annalise and Wes on the night of the murder and I liked how we saw a bit of Wes actually freaking out and saw him actually falling apart a bit and how he was guided by Annalise on what to do.
  • I liked how we saw Conner and Michaela freaking out and I liked how Wes was reassuring them that the police knew nothing. I also liked that Laurel told them that if any of them went to the police trying to get a lesser charge that the rest of them would pin the murder on that person.
  • I liked how Wes told Annalise that Conner and Michaela were freaking out and scared and that he got why and that he thought it would help if they knew that Annalise knew what happened that night. Annalise on the other hand thought it was better that they knew as little as possible about involvement.
  • I liked that Annalise wasted no time in making her case of Sam being a murderer and that she just kept going ahead with her case.
  • I wasn't surprised at all that Wes did a good job while being questioned by the investigators but I was a bit surprised that he told them that Rebecca was his girlfriend but I suppose admitting to something slightly suspicious would help them in trusting him a bit more.
  • I liked that Annalise apologized to Rebecca for not going to the police about her suspiciousness about Sam earlier because she knew if she had the charges against Rebecca would have already been dropped and I like that Annalise promised to do everything she can to get the charges dropped before the case went to trial.
  • I liked that Rebecca expected that Annalise knew something because she apologized and she never does that but also because Wes isn't freaking out which is causing Rebecca to freak out a bit which is something I could understand.
  • I liked how Asher was worried that he might be a suspect despite the fact that he's the one that knows the least of anyone which makes the whole thing a bit funny.
  • I like that Laurel isn't getting back together with Frank because I really didn't like that relationship.
  • I like that Conner was able to get Oliver to help with the case even though they're still not on good terms with each other. I liked how Oliver was trying to talk to Conner about his supposed drug use and I liked that Conner was trying to talk to Oliver about that guy he was dating while they were apart and I like that neither really got anywhere in that conversation.
  • I liked how Asher wanted to talk to Bonnie about what happened the night before but Bonnie just wasn't interested.
  • I liked that Conner referenced Crime and Punishment when he was freaking out yet again about how they're all going to end up going to jail and should enjoy their last days of freedom.
  • I liked that Rebecca made a break in her own case by mentioning the time that Lila asked her about a clinic.
  • I'm glad that Nate asked Annalise if she had anything to do with Sam going missing because anyone smart would've asked that question although I did think he let things drop pretty fast but I feel that's understandable both because Annalise is a good liar and because he cares for her and doesn't want to think the worst of her.
  • I liked how Laurel mentioned in her questioning with investigators that Sam looked at her in a sexual manner and I liked that she acted like she was really afraid that Annalise might find out about what she said.
  • I liked how Laurel was telling Frank that she had doubts in Annalise because that was a way to throw suspicious off herself but also try to get a feel of how much Frank knew about what was going on.
  • I liked how Conner was convincing Michaela that they should tell the police what happened that night with Sam because their part in the events were defendable and I liked that Michaela wasn't all that sure about how things would work out if they came forward but she was definitely considering what he was saying.
  • I liked that Bonnie offered to be there for Annalise if she needed anyone to talk to about things.
  • I find Frank to be a very suspicious character because Annalise trusts him not to tell anyone about the murder and because Frank doesn't seem all that phased by the news of the murder.
  • I liked that Asher was completely honest about everything he told the police about what happened and I like that the reason he told them about Bonnie was because he didn't want the police to think he was hiding something. I felt a bit bad for Asher when she told him that nothing will ever happen between them again.
  • I liked that although Michaela was clearly nervous during her questioning with the investigators she was able to make up a lie about why Conner's car was in the driveway of the Keating house on the fly.
  • I like that after Michaela said that she would go along with Conner's plan to come forward that he said that they also need to get Laurel on their side if they want things to work.
  • I liked that after Laurel figured out that Frank knew she also figured out that Annalise must also know and I liked that she went to Wes to ask him about it.
  • I'm glad that Annalise was able to get the charges against Rebecca dropped and I liked how she threw back the opposing council's line about be careful who you show your crazy to back in her face by saying some people call it crazy I call it winning.
  • I liked the way that Wes and Rebecca just kept smiling at each other after they knew that her named has been cleared.
  • I felt bad for Annalise when those women were saying that she's so cold hearted she must not even be human and I liked that Annalise just walked out and said nothing to either of them about what they all knew she heard, I liked that she shut them up with her mere presence.
  • I liked how Conner told Michaela that if Aiden dumps her it only means that there is someone better out there for her.
  • I liked that it turned out that Laurel had told Wes who told Annalise that Conner and Michaela were going to go to the police about what they know. I liked how Annalise told them that she was going to make sure that they'll get away with this but that they have to trust her.
  • I liked how Annalise more or less made the exam about finding away for them to get away with murder.
  • I liked that Rebecca bought a tree for her and Wes because she thinks they have quite a bit to celebrate.
  • I was surprised that Conner held things together so well while he was talking to the investigators but I guess knowing that they have Annalise on their side makes him a bit more confident.
  • I worry about how big of a problem Sam's sister is going to be now that she has shown up not believing her brother's a murderer.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment