Monday, March 23, 2015

TV Review: Agents of Shield: Aftershocks(2.11)

                                            Agents of Shield: Aftershocks(2.11)Review
  • I really liked that Skye's mom was shown to compassionately help out young inhumans such as Gordon the eyeless man that we saw at the end of last episode who got a signal from the obelisk that showed that a new inhuman's power has been awakened.
  • I liked that it was explained that Skye's mom helped many inhumans through out her life because she had such a long life span.
  • I liked that Skye was shown to be really upset about Trip's death because she hasn't before this point this season she has been shown not to really care about anyone or anything other than Coulson and May and their opinion of her.
  • I like that Skye's being kept in quarantine because that's exactly how Shield would handle those who are different and I like that the show is starting to isolate her from the team even if they don't know what she is yet it's good to see that she is going to have to deal with being separate from them right away.
  • I liked that Skye pointed out to Coulson that Hydra isn't the reason that Trip died or that their plan to destroy the city failed but because she went down there and Trip followed her. I'm glad that Skye is feeling guilty but I dislike that Coulson seems to just want a scapegoat more than anything else.
  • I'm confused by what even happened with Mack being possessed by the city but I liked that he was shown to be somewhat traumatized by it.
  • I liked how they showed us a brief look inside of how Hydra works with the meeting of the heads and how they decide who the new leader will be.
  • I liked how the show took it's time to reveal what Raina's transformation was like which seemed to make her grow thorns and made it so that bullets couldn't kill her.
  • I thought that it was nice of Bobbi to visit Skye in quarantine especially since they aren't really friends or anything and I don't believe that we've even seen them talk before this but I really disliked that how she praised Skye for shooting Ward because that was a bad move on Skye's part for multiple reasons that I mentioned in my review of the last episode.
  • I felt bad for Simmons when she asked to come back to head quarters because it just showed how isolated she felt from the rest of the team.
  • I loved that Mack yelled at Coulson when he tried to say that Trip's death was all Hydra's fault because he could see that it was actually Coulson's fault for putting the team at needless risk in order to figure the alien writings in his head.
  • I kind of liked that the team completely ignored Skye freaking out and almost causing another earthquake because it just goes to show how disconnected the team is from each other's emotional needs. It also goes to show that Shield is not a place that's going to handle Skye's changes compassion because they are incapable of even recognize what the real problem is so how could they possibly help her.
  • I really didn't like how the team was able to fairly easily pull one over on Hydra using Bakashi because Shield isn't really all that good at these kind of things so I didn't really believe that they were capable of something like this because if they were why wouldn't they have done it earlier.
  • I find it pretty frightening how Simmons is talking about finding a way to eliminate all things alien because she's talking about killing an entire species of people without finding out if they're good or bad just because she's sad that Trip died it's really very frightening how much this team is willing to justify killing people just because they're sad or angry.
  • I felt bad for Raina that she waited her entire life to evolve only for her transformation to be something she hates. I felt really bad for Raina when she described how her insides cut her and hurt her every times she moves, I liked that while she was upset with having lost her beauty that wasn't the only reason why she was so upset with her transformation.
  • I liked seeing that Raina was angry and jealous of how Skye's transformation gave her powers but didn't still her good looks but I disliked how Cal didn't even bother to tell Raina that Skye's transformation didn't have any real affect on Raina's transformation but I do like the idea of Raina being Skye's dark counterpart so I like that Raina resents her.
  • I liked that Cal pointed out that Shield is the worst place for Skye to be during a time of transformation and how this will lead to her seeing how Shield truly treats people like her and how Cal thinks that Skye will come running to him because she needs him because he would be able to understand her ways Shield never will. I also liked that Raina pointed out that it doesn't really matter that Skye transformed because she still won't come to Cal although he ignored her comment I still think she's right.
  • I disliked how after Raina told Cal that she couldn't live with what she had become to just not live because it was so dismissive of her when the two of them had known each other for years.
  • I liked how Lance figured out that whatever Bobbi is up to that she is in on it with Mack and I just generally like the scenes those two had together.
  • I'm a bit confused by why Coulson and May seemed surprised that Simmons recommended using lethal force on Raina considering that Raina is a known enemy of Shield has been since before it's fall and is now more dangerous  then ever especially since neither Coulson nor May have any problems killing any of their other enemies whether they be people with or without powers.
  • I liked how Fitz figured out that Skye was the one that caused the earthquake and I liked that he was able to figure out that the data in his head wasn't wrong but that Skye has become something inhuman which was why the data didn't make sense.
  • I really don't understand why no one was able to figure out that anything was wrong with Skye considering that she was freaking out through out this episode and caused two earthquakes which leads me to believe that she caused more than before the episode even started while in quarantine which just shows how little attention Shield pays to their agents.
  • I really don't understand why Coulson would be so upset about Trip's death and I don't really buy that he is because Coulson and Trip weren't close and he didn't really seem sad that Trip died just angry that Hydra won.
  • I think that Skye complaining and completely falling apart after less than a week in quarantine goes to show that she really isn't ready to be the agent that she has been acting like in the first half of this season because agents are suppose to be able to withstand torture and Skye can't even hold herself together after a few days in quarantine.
  • I thought that it was really great of Fitz to hide the fact that Skye had changed but also pretty dangerous since Skye is incredible unstable and has extremely destructive powers now that could get everyone killed. I understand why Fitz feels that it's best to keep it secret though because he's been with Shield long enough to really know their policy on gifteds and their policy on inhumans probably won't be much different.
  • I thought that it was nice that Fitz comforted Skye and told her that even though she was different now that didn't mean anything was wrong with her also I think that Fitz treating Skye like this is especially good of him considering that Skye abandoned him just like the rest of the team during his time of need because his difference made her uncomfortable.
  • I thought it was sad how Raina was trying to kill herself and I'm glad that a grown up Gordon came in at last minute and saved her told her she was beautiful and promised to help her find her way.
  • I liked that we found out that Bobbi and Mack her after Fury's toolbox and that they're planning to make their move soon.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment