Sunday, October 5, 2014

TV Review: How To Get Away With Murder: Pilot(1.01)

                                  How To Get Away With Murder: Pilot(1.01)Review
  • I liked how the episode opened with showing that Wes, Michaela, Connor and Laurel being somehow involved in a murder and them trying to decide what to do with the body, I thought this aspect added a whole other level intrigue to the show.
  • I liked that the murder cover up that the show starts with his set three months in the future and that part of the mystery of the show is how they got to that point.
  • I really like how Wes is so clearly out of his depth when it comes to being in Professor Keating's class with how he has no idea how tough of a teacher she is or prepared he needed to be for the class before he even entered the room.
  • I liked how we saw right away how Connor and Michaela were completely prepared for the class and both of them were very eager to show off their smarts right away. I also liked that Laurel was clearly prepared for the class but was more hesitant to speak up.
  • I really dislike Asher but I'm okay with that because I think I'm suppose to hate him since pretty much every other character does as well and almost everything that comes out of his mouth makes me dislike him even more.
  • I liked how Keating had her students competing for a chance to work for her by having them try to come up with a better defense for her current case than the one she already came up with.
  • I liked that when Wes was trying come up with an argument about why the client didn't try to kill that he comes to the conclusion that she's guilty.
  • I'm pretty suspicious of Wes's neighbor Rebecca who I'm sure is hiding something and I'm wondering if she has something to do with the missing girl Lila Standguard's death.
  • I liked how when Wes present his argument that the client was suffering from Stockholm syndrome therefore her attempt on the victim's life was self defense that he assumed right away that his argument wasn't good enough but Keating surprised him but telling him that he was still in the running for the job.
  • I liked how Michaela went out of her way to research a witness and discredit her by finding out that the witness was color blind and I liked how when Keating praised her good work she also challenged the other students to step up their game.
  • I liked how when Wes walked in on Keating with her boyfriend that he was apologetic and completely embarrassed by the situation and that Keating only seemed annoyed to be interrupted.
  • I liked how in the three months in the future bits of the episode it shows that Michaela and Connor who are currently very confident and at ease are the ones freaking out and are terrified by what they have to do but Wes and Laurel who are less confident currently are calmer and more in control about the situation, I just find this to be an interesting contrast to have.
  • I liked how Connor seduced the IT guy Oliver in order to get the emails for the current case and I also liked how clearly Oliver was into him.
  • I liked how Keating didn't seem to care how Connor got the information and instead just did what she had to do to get the evidence into the court room.
  • I liked how Laurel figured out just by watching the client and the victim's wife interacted that they planned the victim's murder together.
  • I liked that when Wes found out that Keating was cheating on her husband he told her as soon as they were alone that he wouldn't say anything and I liked that she showed a more vulnerable side to herself to him.
  • I liked how Laurel questioned Frank about how he didn't care about how his client was guilty and I liked when he stereotyped her that Laurel called out his sexist behavior.
  • I liked how Keating was able to cover up for the client being seen buying aspirin the day before the attempted murder by using what she knew about her boyfriend and his job to get the evidence dismissed.
  • I liked how Wes didn't at first believe that he earned the spot for working for Keating but she told him that he did and that he was the only one that thought he wasn't good enough for it.
  • I liked how the missing girl Lila Standguard was found in a water tank and from what we've seen in the episode I agree with Keating's guess that the boyfriend is the one that killed her.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment