Monday, June 30, 2014

TV Review: The 100: Murphy's Law(1.04)

                                             The 100: Murphy's Law(1.04)Review
  • I liked how this episode started with Clarke at Wells grave and I liked how she also mentioned how Wells used to trade his things to give her art supplies.
  • I liked how Clarke took off her wristband to both punish her mother and so that Monty could have a functional wristband that can be used to communicate with the ark.
  • I felt bad for Abby when she thought that Clarke was dead but I also liked that she didn't completely give up hope that Clarke is still alive.
  • I really hated seeing Murphy being a complete dick to a ton of people with how he abused his power and was just generally unpleasant but I liked how this behavior reflected how he was treated later in the episode.
  • I liked how Bellamy jokingly asked Charlotte if she got this one big branch to build the wall and then smiled at her and told her he was just kidding, it was a cute moment.
  • I liked how Octavia was trying to show Jasper that he didn't need to be afraid to leave camp with how she was leading him just a few steps out. I liked that when Jasper thought that Octavia was in danger he went after her even though he was scared luckily she wasn't in any danger and it was just some guy pulling a prank.
  • I liked how Raven explained to Abby how necessary the part was for the pod by saying they'd not only be dead without but the bad kind of dead. I liked that Raven tried to reassure Abby that Clarke was still alive even though neither of them had anyway of knowing that.
  • I liked that Octavia and Jasper after they found a knife and Wells fingers they brought it right to Clarke and Bellamy.
  • I liked how after Clarke came to the conclusion that whoever killed Wells is one of them and not a grounder that Bellamy said it was best to keep it quiet because everyone thinking the grounders killed Wells is getting the wall built and keeping the group united in a cause.
  • I also liked how when Clarke proclaimed that there's a murder at the camp that Bellamy pointed out that's not actually new information due to some members of the group having been charged with murder before coming to earth.
  • While I liked how Clarke thought that everyone had the right to know the truth I wasn't at all surprised by the totally chaos that erupted after Clarke confronted Murphy saying that he killed Wells.
  • I liked how when Clarke confronted Murphy she pointed out that he had hated Wells and threatened to kill him the past although I thought Murphy had a fairly good contour point with how since Wells father is the Chancellor most everyone here had a reason to kill him, I also liked how Octavia mentioned that Murphy tried to kill Jasper and I liked that Bellamy got offend when Murphy said he didn't have to answer to anyone.
  • I completely understood why the majority of the group wanted to kill Murphy once Clarke started to mention how they need to punish Murphy for he did and from there things just got completely out of control with the whole mob mentality kicking in and the group getting Murphy tied up and hung from a tree within a matter of minutes.
  • I liked how Clarke begged for everyone to stop the entire time and I liked how she begged Bellamy to stop this madness because she believed that he actually could control the crowd and because she knows he's not a killer because she remembers how he struggled with Atom. I also liked how it was pretty clear that Bellamy didn't believe that he could control the crowd and instead felt he had to give them what they wanted even if he didn't want it, I also liked how Bellamy told Clarke how Murphy's death is on her.
  • I liked how Charlotte confessed to killing Wells after she thought that Murphy was going to die because of her and she didn't want that even if she does dislike Murphy, I also liked that Clarke cut down Murphy using Bellamy ax that she took from him without him even moving.
  • I liked how Raven went to this person Nigel in order to get the part that was needed to launch the pod but refused to sleep with someone to get it and went to attack Nigel when she said Raven's mother would've and had done it.
  • I liked that Bellamy, Clarke and Finn decided to do what they had to do to keep Charlotte safe from Murphy and the guys that were following him after it was revealed that she was the real killer.
  • I liked that when Charlotte said that she killed Wells to slay her demons that Bellamy said that actually killing someone wasn't what he meant and I liked how he told Charlotte to stay with Clarke and Finn no matter what happens.
  • I liked how Murphy got angry at the people because most of them didn't want to kill Charlotte after she confessed to killing Wells but almost all of them wanted to kill him when he hadn't done anything, while Murphy is a pretty awful person he's right to point out how hypocritical this is.
  • I liked how while Clarke in no way wanted to kill Charlotte still thought that Charlotte should be punished somehow because you can't just go around killing people but I also liked how Finn wanted to take things easy on Charlotte since she's just a kid.
  • I liked how Abby went to bribe Nigel with morphine for the part but I was sad that this turned out to be fatal error because it lead to Kane having enough information to arrest her.
  • I liked the underground bunker that Finn had found that he, Clarke and Charlotte hid in from Murphy and his guys. I liked how Clarke was happy to see art supplies in it and I liked how Clarke thought it was better that whoever made it never got there while Finn found it kind of sad.
  • I liked how Clarke and Finn discussed how they need to come up with a plan to punish people that didn't involve just hanging them, I also liked that when Finn tried to comfort Clarke by telling her she had no idea things would end the way they did that she pointed out that Bellamy knew.
  • I liked that Charlotte ended up leaving the bunker because she didn't want Clarke or Finn to get hurt or killed protecting her so she decided to let Murphy have her.
  • I liked that Bellamy ended up being the first person that found Charlotte outside the bunker and I liked that Bellamy refused to leave her no matter what and I liked that Charlotte respond to this by saying "I'm not your sister you don't need to protect me."
  • I liked how when Bellamy and Charlotte were backed up to edge of a cliff by Murphy and his guys that Bellamy refused to give up on protecting Charlotte even when it meant certain death for himself.
  • I liked that when Murphy had Clarke at knife point and was threatening to kill her that Charlotte was more than willing to die to make sure that no one else got hurt because of her.
  • I found it really sad when Charlotte ended up jumping off a cliff to her death so that no more pain will be caused because of her.
  • I liked that Bellamy beat the hell out of Murphy for him driving Charlotte to suicide and that he had to be pulled off of him by Finn to stop from killing him. I liked that Clarke admitted that she was wrong about letting everyone know everything after seeing what happened today and I liked that she said that they also can't decide who lives and who dies and instead decides to banish Murphy.
  • I liked how Clarke told Bellamy that whatever the hell we want is not the rules the group can leave by and that the two of them are to be the ones that make the rules.
  • I liked how Abby insisted that Raven find her way to earth in the pod even though she couldn't come with her because the council will arrest her and if Raven won't leave then they'll arrest her too. I liked that Raven didn't want to leave Abby since she knows that she will get floated.
  • I was not at all surprised to learn that Raven's boyfriend was Finn but considering what Finn ends up doing at the end of the episode I think she deserves better.
  • I liked that after Monty figured out a way to contact the ark with the wristbands that he let Jasper due the honors unfortunately this ended up shorting out all the wristbands so now the people on the ark think their all dead.
  • I liked that Octavia told Jasper that she didn't think he was cursed or unlucky like he thinks he is but that he's brave and that's something that should be rewarded and I like that she kisses him.
  • I didn't like the whole Clarke and Finn hooking up together thing at the end of the episode.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment